Annoyed by consumers that only manufacture cases for only 2g and 3g

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by elliegurl297, Apr 2, 2010.

1. elliegurl297

elliegurl297 New Member

Hey I just wondering if anyone was having the same problem as me. Last night I spent 3 hours looking all over the web for an incase slider for ipod touch 1g. I just think it's so annoying, apple and goincase.com onli have cases for 2g or 3g. The ipodtouch 1g is just as good, theonly difference between 1g and 2g is the speaker which i think is pointless reason to buy a new one.

If you go on goincase.com its like ipod touch 1g never existed.
    I have even wrote to them just to make sure there isnt anyway I can get this case and they replied:
    Thank you for contacting Incase Designs. We no longer manufacture this product and are unable to direct you to a retailer that still has it in stock. We wish we could have been of more assistance.

Incase is a design driven brand that is always moving forward to improve the look and functionality of its products. As new products are developed some products are eventually phased out.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or comments

Sincerely,

The Incase Consumer Support Team

Fair enough if there was a massive difference between 1g and 2g but there's not and im not goin to buy one, its a waste of money.

Im probs over reacting but its so annoying when I really want this case. Does anyone else feel the same way.
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    A company is perfectly entitles to stop manufacturing a product once demand has dropped.
  3. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

Sena and Vaja still make 1g cases (i think)

but there is no point for them to make 1g cases since few people will use them
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    apple stopped making 1g ipods so if the company still makes em they would loose money cause there are few to buy meaning they would loose money
  5. KickinWing

KickinWing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Fixed. We're the consumers.

And like it's been said, there is no need to keep making them for something that's discontinued. You want a case for your 1st gen then you're going to have to get it used. Or get a newer iPod.
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    apple also stopped making 2g ipods, i was in a store yesterday that had a 2g/3g case.
  7. KickinWing

KickinWing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Almost all the 3g cases are advertised as 2g or 2g/3g.
  8. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    because the only difference is a slightly moved light sensor
  9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You do realize there is plenty of differences between them, such as size, the power of the processor, the amount of RAM, and the speaker.

That is why the 2G is faster than the 1st gen, original iPhone, and iPhone 3G.....
  10. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    yeah. its not only speakers