ANNOUNCEMENT - Week 37 IPOD SCREEN ISSUE - New Version

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JuniorNA, Sep 27, 2007.

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

Has anyone's screen looked better from week 37 since the update?

Please report all week 37 surveys here in this thread related to the screen.

Once again, week 37 screen issue ONLY.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

My 37 had no defects and looked amazing before. Now, it looks even better (surprisingly).
  3. e-m00

e-m00 New Member

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude! It's fixed! I don't have to get it replaced now!
  4. kevio

kevio New Member

No change for mine. It still looks better in the shadow detail if I tilt the top of the unit away from me. You can only tell in a dimly lit room. In bright light it's hard to see the problem.
  5. hamchoba

hamchoba New Member

Week 37 screen here. Initially had very mild reflective negative viewing angle issues, now following the update, effect is significantly reduced. Overall, improved, brighter picture. Wonder what they did... must've forced the LCD on or something to block reflectivity, or forced brightness up a few notches. Wish i knew more about screens. I wonder if battery life is affected by this change.
  6. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

yah, I dont know if my mind is playing tricks because we already "think" the update is supposed to fix it, or if it really did fix it. I've been watching some dark videos for the past half hour, and I think its still there, but was greatly dimished. even if it has a little bit, i'm going to keep it because its certainly watchable. Keep the surveys comin guys.if u have a W37
  7. kevio

kevio New Member

People on Macrumors.com are using this image as a test. Put it on your iPoT and turn out the lights in the room. If you have the negative black image it will kind of look like a 3d effect and hurt your eyes to look at it. Tilt the top of the screen away from you and you should see more detail.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Nintendodude has a test posted in this forum that I think I like better.v It looks exactly the same now as it looks on my laptop.

Checking this out now...
    EDIT: There is a slight reflective issue, but nothing bothersome.
  9. kevio

kevio New Member

Here is another test from a user on Macrumors.com. I pulled the site up on my iPoT and it looked fine. But that Jay Z image looks funky. Go figure.
    http://techmind.org/lcd/greyscale.html

This is the quote from him regarding the test.
    "If your screen is good, the block furthest to the left (marked "00") will be solid black. If your screen has the inverted black problem, then the block marked "00" will actually be lighter than the block marked "10" (the block marked "10" will appear to be the solid black color that the "00" block should be)."
  10. mscmkr

mscmkr New Member

ok, at then risk of looking like an idiot, where do i get this update? i synced my touch with my puter and itunes and it didnt show me anything about an update. whats the hizzy?

happy touching, mscmkr