Animations on the Touch?

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by zach2387, Dec 26, 2007.

1. zach2387

zach2387 New Member

Haven't seen it, but was wondering if you could get an animation for some icons or a background or other such things.

I'm not sure how the Ipod formats things or what formats they allow, but I would have thought you could SSH and go into the files and add in some .gifs that happened to be animations and use those.

So, any insight into that?
  2. Brill301

Brill301 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah

I know it is capable of doing that... the question is will is be lag fee? [probally not] Will it take a lot of battery? [yes] Will it be cool? [ |-| E || yeah]
  3. TonyThriller

TonyThriller New Member

i might try that tomorrow lol
  4. cd2ld

cd2ld New Member

5. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That would be awesome if animation was possible on there...Which I should be...But it will drain battery life faster...So maybe someone could make an option where animations can be turned on/off?
  6. BMANZZS

BMANZZS New Member

iTunes converts every picture you upload to a lower quality PNG format. There's no way you'd be able to get an animated GIF as a picture synced to your iPod. However, you are able to view the first frame of an animated GIF.

I believe the only way would be if someone created an animated GIF viewer application...