Animating a Rotating Image

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by maulik_adhia, Feb 9, 2009.

1. maulik_adhia

maulik_adhia New Member

Is there any way to animate the rotating image?
    There is a wheel like image which I am rotating on touch. The rotation is done using a timer. What I want is if i could make the rotation look more realistic. The wheel rotates for a few seconds and then stops suddenly but I wanted it to stop slowly which makes it look more realistic. So is there any way by which we can slow down the rotation movement at the end when it is going to stop.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Guys please reply to do this. I hope somebody knows the answer to this.

If you have not understood the question then please ask.
    But please atleast give some reply to do this.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

In your animation block, set the animation delegate to self (usually) and the animationDidStop selector to whatever. Also, create a variable to use as the animation time.

In the animation did stop selector, increase the variable used for the animation time and recall the method with the animation. The illusion will be that the wheel is slowing down.

For realism, change the variable for the amount to spin also. Decrease that with pass through the animationDidStop selector, when you increase the animation speed variable. When the amount to spin gets below a certain threshold, pass a return statement before the recall to the method with the animation. The wheel should now be stopped, after slowing.
  3. maulik_adhia

maulik_adhia New Member

My code

This is the my code snippet and the xib within it. You have to put a circular image in the xib and connect the image view to the xib.
  4. maulik_adhia

maulik_adhia New Member

This is code file

Thank you.

Attached Files: