Animated Backgrounds

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tcr071000, Oct 18, 2007.

1. tcr071000

tcr071000 New Member

Is it possible to have a program stream multiple .png backgrounds back to back to emulate an animated back ground. I wrote a program to take screen shots from a video 23 times a second, convert them to a 320x480 .png image, and order them, but I don't know how to implement a rapid switch on the iPod.

Is there an app available to rotate .png backgrounds at a very rapid pace (15 or more a second for 5 -6 or longer before staring over)to emulate a animated background?

This might not even be remotely possibly but would be very cool.
  2. AzureBlack

AzureBlack New Member

You opened the thread before I did, I've been wondering the same thing. I know I saw a similar program for many PDAs to animate the background, but I don't know of anything offhand (unless coded yourself) that would do such a thing.
  3. tcr071000

tcr071000 New Member

Writing a program to string images back to back quickly isn't the hard part. The way SB updates brings you back to the home screen with an unlock every time a background is changed. If the iPod's processing power was fast enough, which may be the problem, we would have to somehow bypass that "update" process and have it instantly switch with absolutely no lag. This is where I am lost.

Not an advanced programmer, I've taken some to satisfy EE requirements though.