Andropod + iModificate

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andropod, Mar 13, 2010.

1. andropod

andropod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys, I just wanted to fill you in on an addon for the iPhone and iPod Touch I'm making. I haven't been working on it for very long, but so far everything is going as planned.

So basically, I messed around with my iPhone (and voided the warranty

Please Register or Log in to view images

) for a few weeks, learning everything about it. Not that it's particularly useful, but my (main) project is making an Android-capable iPod. I haven't had any success yet, but my results thus far are promising, I assure you

The other half of my main project is bringing Flash to the iPod. I worked with Macromedia before it became acquired by Adobe, so I have some experience in this field. I pretty much know what I'm doing in this area, but I have to work around some things.

And then there was my side project. I usually work on this when I don't really feel like playing with Andropod due to frustration. Basically, iModificate is allowing further customizations to the iPod then ever before. I'm actually hoping to do something like removing the ability for the iPod to enter restore mode; maybe it'll provide our untethered jailbreak finally, who knows? Probably not though

Anyway, I hope I'm not breaking any rules. I will be creating a twitter soon for anyone who might be interested. I haven't been working on these projects for a long time and I'm a full time worker, so it could be a while until these see the light of day.

Thanks for reading!

-Wraith (andropod)

twitter.com/andropod
  2. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That sounds great

Can't say I'm a fan of android, but it's great for the sake of technological development.

All that's fine as far as rules go. Just no pirating software or doing things that breaks laws by the Geneva convention

3. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Android would be cool, i'd definitly try that out.
    Im not sure about the removal of recovery mode thing though...would't that cause major issues if you wanted to restore? (although i guess you would always have DFU mode).

How did you manage to void your warrenty? Unless you take it to pieces or dunk it in water i thought the warrenty is pretty much fixable with a restore.
  4. andropod

andropod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, I voided my warranty by taking it apart just to learn about it. Nothing to do with my addons, but yeah. And that's what I was thinking (in response to the restore issues), however you never know until you try. Another option I am considering is to "skip" the recovery mode. This is all in very early development stages though so it's difficult to say how it may be done, most of these are just concepts I have to debate on which I should focus on.
  5. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Personally (if you have the knowledge and skill) I would focus on the android port. If you managed that, you would be pretty much famous in the iPod/iPhone scene. The untethered jailbreak is sorted and will be released by CronicDev in the summer, so no need to worry about that.
    People would love you for sorting Android for the device.
  6. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i would LOVE you if you ported android onto iphones!
  7. andropod

andropod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Good thing that's my main project then I suppose

iModificate is more then just what I mentioned though. For example, just to name a few things off the top of my head, it will be capable of removing the cover-flow, various bars (such as the time bar),and with a bit of tinkering, it can totally change the look and feel of your iPod.

However, I would also like to keep focusing on Flash. But if you guys think that Android is more important, I'll put more focus into that.

Thanks for the comments so far, if anyone has any questions please speak up, I'm happy to answer all that I can.
  8. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sounds great.
  9. andropod

andropod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Apparently twitter is OK, so Twitter.com/andropod will be your one stop shop for updates! I will also be adding some images of my prototypes in the near future.
  10. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    android would be the sex