Android on the HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by GazaIan, Jul 4, 2010.

1. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    This is getting on my nerves. i have tried live android 0.1 and .2 [ i have yet to try .3 ] but both freeze at the loading screen. i have tried Android x86;

i ran UNetBootIN on ubuntu and wrote this .iso file to my usb device. it loads, but Android will fail to load [ sometimes the android logo comes in negative colors.

i scrapped that. Next:

i tried this .iso file and the LiveCD works, as well as the other modes. its funny, it was made for eeePc... [ note that i am using the .iso file because i have no idea how to use the .img file ]. BUT! i go to install, and the only device there is the USB drive inserted, which i am using as the installer. For some reason, it doesnt show my hard drive. also, i tried making a partition [ a 30GB ext3 partition is there but it doesnt show in the list of devices ]..

is there anything im doing wrong? this computer has the capability to run all the current OSes out there, including Android, but installation is biting me in the ass.

BTW, im going to post this in multiple sites for the most help possible. so far, Multi-Touch Fans is the first.
  2. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'd like to know myself, I tinker with that stuff.
    And I have that same laptop

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. GazaIan

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The EXACT same one? my brother has one that appears to be the exact same but its actually not, it uses DDR1 RAM [ ewww... ] and has some crappy hard drive... ive Manage to install Mac OS X on mine, but when i came to install it on his... i learned there were internal differences... he formatted his hard drive for nothing

4. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well that's what my pc is named anyways, it has the stamp of hp pavilion dv6000 lol and I believe mine isn't DDR1 ram. How did you install OS X on it? links you used or something would be great

------------------double post merged------------------
    if that's a help

5. GazaIan

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Yours is a little different from mine, my processor runs at 1.6 GHz and i only have 1 GB of RAM... For OS X, there are several Distros, but the one that worked for me was Leo4all.. it was a pain in the ass though, i had to buy a USB keyboard and mouse because the default kexts were unstable. and even worse, OS X takes exactly 5 Minutes to boot if you dont have the keyboard and mouse connected at startup... sometimes it wont start at all.. on top of that, if you plan to dual boot, you put yourself in a screwage pot...

Its not the easiest thing to do to get it working at full 100%, but if you want to take a crack at it, the best thing you do is try out Leo4all. if that doesnt work, try iAtkos, Kalyway, iPC, or any other distro you can get your hands on.
  6. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I tried iAtkos but it had some sort of error on the initial boot from the disc. I pretty much lost hope in it and reinstalled 7 on it. I'll try and get Leo4all though and see how it goes, maybe I can figure it out once I have it running at least.
  7. GazaIan

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The Discs will give you errors, but you have to be careful not to be fooled... Some errors might occur because the files load from the disc at different times, and if one file loads at one point and calls for a file that hasnt been loaded, the boot up can crash.. also kernel panics may occur during bootup... there are several boot flags you can try, but there is no guarantee they will help... Hell, even a bad resolution can cause a failed boot up [ there's a flag for that too. Yep, there's a flag for just about everything. ]

Also, i forgot to mention, there is a specific point in the bootup where you must pull the usb keyboard and mouse out [ bootup will crash if they are detected ] and reinsert them [ the ApplePS2Trackpad kext and Keyboard kexts will complain wont load if they arent detected ]...

Yep, its complicated, stressful, which is why you should only attempt this if your really up to the challenge.

EDIT: Also, remember to boot up in verbose to make sure you can see exactly what's failing and to see if its a timing failure or compatibility failure.
  8. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for the tips, they're all helpful. I wish it'd be like most linux installations, just a breeze lol. I'm very into getting this to work so I'll try my hardest

9. GazaIan

Device:
    Nexus 4
    No Problem, and if you need more help, PM me because it just crossed my mind that this thread may have violated the rules...
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used to have a DV6000. I could never get OS X working very well on it. I just gave up after a few tries.