Android 2.1 on iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by djmitza222, Apr 25, 2010.

?

We will see "iDroid 2.0" soon on our devices?

1. HELL YEAH !!!

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Maybe with hard work..

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Only dreams....

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. djmitza222

djmitza222 Member

Device:
    iPad
    I think the CPU on iPhone 3G is really capable to run Android 2.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Also, if iDroid dev-team ports openiBoot to all devices including iPhone 3G(S) and iPod touch 2G/3G.. there'll be A LOT of people who can contribute to build the code.

So what do you think? We will see iDroid 2.0 soon on our devices?
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Its not about that, its the fact that it needs a bootrom exploit to run and replace iboot with openiboot.
  3. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well there won't be any problem running 2.1, there not much difference in preference

4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Sure, 2.1 could run on the iphone 2G and 3G, very slowly and buggy and missing a bunch of the cool stuff like animated wallpapers and that fancy app drawer. Just like it runs on my MyTouch 3G which happens to have almost the exact same processor as those two iPhones and the same amount of memory. They could add a swap partition and possibly overclock it (Like I do with my MyTouch) But its not a perfect solution. Basically, yes, they COULD make 2.1 run, but not without problems and workarounds.

The 3GS on the other hand would handle 2.1 okay. Android 2.1 and higher is really made for next generation hardware like snapdragon or close to it.

That said 2.1 doesn't really bring anything that much more useful to android, it's really just a spit shine. All of the useful parts of 2.1 have been backported to 1.6. So you get all the speed and light weight of 2.1 without all the useless shiny stuff, that really adds nothing, just slows it down.
  5. djmitza222

djmitza222 Member

Device:
    iPad
    Totally agreed !!

In fact, 2.1 just adds the graphics... that's all. It still has the same kernel. We can add animated wallpapers in 1.6 also

6. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    On the to do wiki they stated that the ipod touch 1g and the iphone 3g are next because they sould be the eaistest to port. Im seriously excited. I would love to run android