"An unknow error occurred (1602)."

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by andyffer, Nov 17, 2007.

1. andyffer

andyffer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i googled this (An unknown error occurred 1602.) and what ive read says to deleted itunes and apple mobile divice support and then reinstall itunes. I would be fine with doing this is I knew it worked and I wouldnt be going through all of it for nothing.
    I was also wondering if when I deleted itunes and what apple says to do will that erase my music?

this would help a lot.
    (Im trying to jailbreak my ipod. it has 1.1.2 on it and Im trying to downgrade)
  2. andyffer

andyffer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    please help

Now it says
    The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)

what does that mean?!
  3. zzchatom

zzchatom Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think you just restart your pc and restore the ipod.... thats what when that happended to me.. and it worked..
  4. kojirovn

kojirovn New Member

I got nearly same error but with 1604. I restored and 'm living with 1.1.2. Anyway, i decided to do that and waiting for new jailbreak with current version,
  5. Jeffx28

Jeffx28 New Member

I am having the same issue with the error 1602. I have tried just about everything to upgrade to 1.1.2 using the OktoPrep method. I have uninstalled then re-installed iTunes and all of its components before I try to upgrade, I have restarted before the upgrade, and non of this seems to work. I have even installed the previous version of iTunes with no avail.

I will keep trying and I will let you guys know if i find out anything
  6. FlashiPod4Free

FlashiPod4Free New Member

Try posting this on the Apple support forums too. The iPod Touch forums are located at this link:
    http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=221

Good luck.
  7. Jeffx28

Jeffx28 New Member

I know you are trying to help but I hardly think it would be a good idea to ask for jailbreaking help on apple's discussion forum.

Here is what I found on apple's support site:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306084

However I have tried all they have said to do, so it would seem that there is some issue when trying the OktoPrep upgrade to 1.1.2
  8. dumdidum

dumdidum New Member

might be the solution..?

Hi there,
    I'm quite new in this whole jailbraking thing but I get the same error at a different point if jailbraking and I solved it:
    I got my touch about 30 min ago an crashed it already ^^:
    - I connected my touch to my macbook, everything was fine, synced a few photos, just playing around... traalaalaa
    -then there was a thought crawling in my brain......"jailbrake it.....jailbrake it!!"
    -so i tried the first thing i found on the web and executed the standard tiff exploit
    -then, after reading all the steps to do, i decided to undo the exploit by updating the ipod to 1.1.2 and right after iTunes seems to be ready with this, this message appears: "Unbekannter Fehler 1602" (german, just the same as you).
    So here is what I've done to solve this problem:
    I simply followed the instructions on the TouchDev wiki to jailbrake 1.1.2! http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_1.1.2
    And it works!! I'm now playing around with installer and cant't decide, wich app I should choose out of this great offer!
    I hope this is going to work for you,
    Dumdidum
  9. knop3se

knop3se New Member

I'm also getting the 1602 error. I finally had the guts to try and jailbreak my ipod touch.
    Downgrading to 1.1.1 and installing Oktoprep worked fine, but upgrading to 1.1.2 doesnt work, i get the 1602 error in itunes. Oh well....maybe ill try again in a few days...damn crap!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. C4talyst

C4talyst New Member

Has anyone found a fix for this? I received a 16GB iPod Touch for Christmas and have followed the correct steps for jailbreaking and upgrading to 1.1.2; I too am receiving the 1602 error.

I've found a lot of discussion on this issue yet no resolution. There has to be a lot of people out there who cannot run a jailbroken 1.1.2 touch.