An open letter to Andy Weekes

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by spoonforknife, Jun 13, 2009.

1. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

An open letter to Andy Weekes

Andy Weekes,
    I am a developer, just like you. Like you, I take pride in my work, try the hardest I can to get my application noticed. I know how hard it is to get your software noticed. However, unlike you, I have enough respect for the developer community to not kick another dev while he is down for a matter that is beyond his control, and part of the engine that he is using.

Not only are you kicking him while he is down, but you are blatantly spamming and advertising at their expense. The idea is to do this discreetly. Not to do it to one of the most well-known and well-respected developers out there: Craig Hockenberry. He created one of the most iconic and successful Twitter clients ever: Twitterrific. That's not discreet. That's you pissing him off enough for him to publicly call you out on his Twitter stream. That's enough for a whole sh*tload of people to call you out. Upon receiving these negative responses from Twitter users, you act like you have no idea why they might be reacting this way. You called a user rude. And this isn't?

In addition, your piece of sh*t application cannot get enough positive testimonials that you have to include your own opinion, from your own Twitter account. I, along with many other members on a 300,000 member iPod touch forum, have never heard of your fork off of Twitterfon: Twitterena.

Oh wait, what was that?! You mean to say that because the code you ripped wasn't based on MGTwitterEngine that by default it was not affected by the so called "Twitpocalyse?" Do you mean to say that you are so incompetent that you ripped somebody else's code, kicked another developer while he was down, ragged on Twitter users using the iconic client? Do you mean to say that you're a hypocritical oaf?

You have the nerve, the nerve, to do this to Craig here when your "useful alternative" doesn't have that problem because SOMEBODY ELSE coded it!?! What!?!!

I may be rude, but I know right, and I know wrong, and this is sure as hell wrong.

Most sincerely,
    Andrew (spoonforknife)
  2. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DAYUMMMM! You told him spoony. wow that guy is an a$$.
  3. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    engaging in epic twitter bashing...

edit: i was gone for two weeks, now we have hot chixxx in our ads??? EPIC
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Ye ye, you get 'em Spoony.
  5. MrFairladyz

Device:
    iPod touch
    what do you mean when you say "when he is down" ? sales are down, being sued, ??
  6. ubuntu_noob

ubuntu_noob Banned

Seriously? I like a good rant just as much as the next person but couldn't you have emailed the guy or something?

Not trying to be a total douche, just being rational.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. spoonforknife

I like open letters. The people that they are to also get to see other people's opinions on it as well.

Craig Hockenberry and the Iconfactory make Twitterrific, which was affected by the Twitpocalypse. However, Mr. Weekes' application was not. He capitalized off of this, spamming Twitter with replies to people reporting problems with Twitterrific. In these tweets, he basically said that Twitterrific was crap and that they should try Twitterena, as it was unaffected.
  8. ubuntu_noob

ubuntu_noob Banned

So, Mr. Weekes will be seeing this? Is he an avid user here?
  9. spoonforknife

He has been sent a link.
  10. MrFairladyz

Device:
    iPod touch
    i see. what an asscrack.