An odd Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by drut, Mar 3, 2009.

1. drut

drut New Member

For the whole day today I have been installing and reinstalling tethered jailbreak and semi-tethered jailbreak. Heres my situation. I had the tethered jailbreak working perfectly, it was awesome. So I checked the Dev Team Blog to see if there were any updates, and hey, there was a semi-tethered jailbreak. So I went over here to Ipod Touch Fans to find a Tutorial. So I use "thehitman"'s semi-tethered jailbreak tutorial. Once I finish the firmware change I boot up my ipod and I click on cydia to start reinstalling all my jailbroken apps. I go to search and I know somethings not right. I check my Packages and there are 0. Now I was like what happened? So I restart, restart cydia, all that crap. Nothing. So I'm like, maybe I did something wrong with installing semi-tethered jailbreak, so I do it again. Now I go into my ipod and same thing with cydia. So I'm like, screw this, I'll wait for un-tethered jailbreak. So I reinstall my custom tethered jailbreak firmware, and I restore it to my most recent sync and when it finishes I look at my main menu and cydia's gone! I'm like, oh crap, wtf. So I tried about 4 different thing with tethered jailbreak and nothing works. I'm not even sure if the firmware is jailbroken or not. So really like your guys help with this one. I've replaced just the cydiainstaller.bundle, iv replaced the whole folder to make just the cydiainstaller.bundle in there (inside PwnageTool)(did the same replacement changes for firmware bundle). I also had stuff in "Categories" when I last synced so when I installed semi-tethered jailbreak I couldn't install all the things inside Categories folders (cydia wasn't in a folder). I've taken the start-up files out 3 different ways (like iBoot221pwn.img3, iBSS221pwn.dfu, and iBSS211.dfu). I tried a GUI that kinda sucked and crashed whenever iTunes popped up. Really could use your guys help. If you need anymore info my situation please post and I'll do my best to reply.
    Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. AmazingNachos

AmazingNachos Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you can't just rejailbreak, you have to do the ENTIRE process again. may i suggest redTool?
  3. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Jailbreak to Run Rs.... Semitether is crap.
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's only crap if you don't know how to get it to work.
    But yeah, I'd switch to run rs...It's much easier to get working...Sort of...
    And you can boot up your iPod pretty damn fast.
  5. HM82

HM82 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Personally, I like the semi tethered jailbreak. ( Probably because everythings working) you can search my thread "Should I trust this video" for information about semi tether jailbreaking.
  6. smarttart62

smarttart62 New Member

Run rs is better if you end up getting the dongle.

Semi-tether is crap. Very glitchy!