An Ipod Virgin has questions...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cju1979, Jan 4, 2009.

1. cju1979

cju1979 New Member

Just got a 32 Gig 1st gen off some dude for $260 (Craigslist)...It's in perfect shape, griffin clear case and what not but I have some (possibly stupid) questions...Where the hell is the volume? I mean, do I have to have the headphones in? I hear the clicks but if I try to preview music on itunes...I hear bupkis. Also, my Windows Media player doesn't recognize the Ipod and I can't sync...Do I have to use Itunes?

And if any of you do fantasy sports, I would like to know why I can't view my team on yahoo...DAMMIT!
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There's no speakers in the 1g.
    And you have to use iTunes.
  3. Tannerstouch

Tannerstouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have to use iTunes with an iPod. As long as your music doesn't have any DRM on it, is MP3/WMA it will work. iTunes will convert the wma. Changing the volume, when your listening to a song, its the slider bar under the play/pause, fastforward button, and rewind button. You have to have headphones in to listen to music, only the 2nd gen iPod touch has a speaker. You can buy little speakers that sit underneath the iPod if you need them. -- If you mean how to turn up the music in iTunes then it is the little slider to the right of the play/pause, fast-forward and rewind button. You also need to import music to itunes first to listen to anything.

As far as the fantasy sports.. I assume you mean you can't connect to wi-fi?

Your whole post is a little vague.
  4. cju1979

cju1979 New Member

vague...

sorry bout that...

In yahoo, when I click on my team page, it shows my team name and avatar but the players names and the ability to edit my team is gone...Maybe it was the wi-fi dropping out. I need a freaking router but will try at work tomorrow.
  5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Flash isn't supported by the iPod.
  6. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

You seem frustrated.

There are limitations on the iPod when it comes to surfing the net. One of them is that you cant view Flash stuff. It has been requested, begged, demanded by users for a while now, but nothing so far. There are ways around it, but your ipod needs to be jailbroken. Do a search in the forums and you'll find stuff on it.

Also, even the latest firmware on my ipod, my wifi signal does frequently drop out and it's not my router.