An iPod Touch that doesn't really like to be touched.. -- please help..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by auranala, Aug 2, 2008.

1. auranala

auranala New Member

Hey everyone :0)
    .. sorry for opening a new topic for this, but couldn't find anything similar, and I really need help.. so the thing is, that after spending sooo many months waiting and dreaming about it, ~3 weeks ago I could finally buy a new iPod Touch, the 16gb version.. my first Apple stuff ever, and I was so over the moon because of it.. I jailbroke it right after I got it, everything went smooth and I installed only the softwares I needed and never had any problems with them..
    .. but a few days ago, when I turned on my sweetie and began writing an e-mail, I just realized that something's wrong.. it seemed impossible to type, because some letters went nuts (seriously), and when I tried to tap them, something else appeared on the screen or it just didn't react.. sometimes even three different letters showed up after just tapping one.. my first thought was something like 'okey, I'm still too sleepy to do this properly', but returning to the home screen couldn't prove me wrong.. when I tried to touch an icon, another application turned on (and it's still very difficult to open the one I want to) and listening to music wasn't that easy either.. I couldn't select any songs, because it didn't react to my tapping.. pushing the home button opens up 'videos', and when I try to close an application, it opens up a different one and closes it and opens up something else again until it just stops.. while typing, my touch defined pressing the home button as tapping 'space'.. and while browsing in safari, I can't scroll neither up nor down, it gets stuck somewhere in the middle moving like crazy..

I sent an e-mail to the store where I got it from, but I'm going to call them on Monday, because I tried hard resetting many times, and restoring two times then upgrading to 1.1.5, but nothing changed.. I think it's something that needs to be fixed in a service or being exchanged, or something..

Any ideas or similar experiences?
    Please share.. thanks.. :0)

edit: sometimes I don't need to touch the screen, it acts like I did and opens up something or types the letters I move my fingers above.. but without touching anything..
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Wow, just Wow. This can be both a software and hardware problem. If it is a software problem, the screen isn't calibrated. But Apple doesn't have a quick fix for this. If it's a hardware problem, your screen is "broken" and you need to exchange it.

Give Apple an email and ask them if there is anything they can do to help you calibrate the screen all over agian. If nothing, then you will have to exchange it.
  3. Steven R

Steven R New Member

Don't bother contacting Apple, just restore and jailbreak again.
  4. auranala

auranala New Member

Actually I did restore (two times), but it's still the same..
  5. Steven R

Steven R New Member

3rd time lucky!
  6. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Then you're going to have to bring it in... Put it in DFU mode, restore it with official software and bring it in. It's your best option now.
  7. auranala

auranala New Member

Yep, this is what I've already done + sending that message (explaining everything), but I need to call them on monday, because they haven't replied yet.. unfortunately, it's not that easy bringing it in, because the store is almost 300 kms away from here, but calling them might cure everything..
    .. thanks for both of you sharing your ideas and everything :0)