An interesting eBay find. Maybe we can pool some money and try to get a hold of it...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dbato, Sep 19, 2007.

1. dbato

dbato New Member

2. jamesybsu

jamesybsu New Member

Someone who knows anything about hacking should see if they can get the pass code from the guy thats selling that. There has got to be some information that a hacker could use!
  3. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  4. simguyanime

simguyanime New Member

I think its fake, says he bought the iPod in best buy... Apple stores which get first priority have a hard time keeping them in stock. I could be wrong though
  5. dbato

dbato New Member

Yeah, but best buy has been getting a stock too recently.
  6. bullet

bullet New Member

I got mine at Best Buy... they've had them for days... Why does that amke this a fake?

There have been reports of these units in many places. I believe some media outlets even received some.
  7. hollip3020

hollip3020 New Member

yeah this is nothing new, ive seen many reports of this happening. its just apple rushing the first shippments and forgetting to put the OS on before they send it out. i dunno if anyones been able to do anything with the ones that are stuck like that, but i know its definately not worth more than a working one.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/14/ipod-touch-ships-without-os-x/
    thats from friday
  8. timothyjay2004

timothyjay2004 New Member

Maybe this is just my thoughts, but, if there is no OS, there is no value to the iPod, as in, there would be no way to find out what passwords are to crack in etc. The only thing it would have would be the diagnostic rom and I don't see that of being much value. Plus, $500?? You have to be kidding me...
  9. Aciidc0der

Aciidc0der Retired Moderator

this is just a diagnostic program loaded because apple forgot to install the OS in the iPod
  10. AlexCPU

AlexCPU New Member

it is unclear as to if the OS is on the touch, it might be, because if you look at all of the pictures, including the engadget link above, the iTouch is failing on the battery check, which could just mean that the diagnostics didn't pass, but the OS is still there, just not running.
    Dunno, just an idea, and probably a really bad explanation of it.