an infraction dispute/appeal forum

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by can't think of one atm, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. can't think of one atm

can't think of one atm Banned

i'm suggesting an infraction dispute/appeal forum, where banned users can 1) appeal their ban if they think it's unjust, or 2) try and prove they've learned their lesson and won't do it again, in a mature and well thought out way

as i stole the idea from a forum i used to go to, here're some quotes from sw.net (used an abbreviation to prevent it from being advertising)

so the second reason for this forum, which i'm not really suggesting in this thread but i think is still a nice system, is to let people remove infraction points ('redemption'), which i think is fairly self explanitory.. this would involve users (who aren't currently banned, but have been in the past) to remove infraction points by writing out a good plea or apology, "explaining that you understand what you did wrong and that you will not repeat your mistakes. A good one. No "plz rmv warning kthx" messages. All those will be ignored."

one last quote-

as bgizzle and the rest of the staff are very busy people, this forum wouldn't be a quick deal- cases might take months to complete, it'd just be at the staff's leisure and very much a privilege and not a right- cases might not ever be looked at, for no reason at all (similar to the namechange thread)

so yeah, ah, tl;dr- a forum for banned users to dispute their ban if they think it was unjust

oh, and it'd be a private forum- with threads only viewable by staff

thanks for reading, and giving me the chance to post this as well

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Mod's decisions are final.
    But, if you think you've been wrongly infracted, generally you just PM whoever infracted you.
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They way to do this as everyone has been told many many times is to email the mod that banned you or email Bgizzle. Period.

The way to ensure you are never allowed back on site is to keep making new accounts and causing us grief.

Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.