An idea about Wifi Connection

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JuDaS009, Jan 30, 2009.

1. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, im sure the majority of you go to school and have tried to use your schools wifi on your ipod touch only to find out that is using a WEP or WPA. Well i was looking around and was wondering if it is possible to take a program that cracks WEP keys and put it on a 4 gb flashdrive. Then use the flashdrive on one of the school computers to crack their WEP possibly? Do you think i could do this and even if i could could it be done without being detected? If this is not even likely might there be some other way (besides asking administration for the password) to crack the password?
  2. DaAlmighty1

DaAlmighty1 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Possible. If you get caught though you're screwed.

I can't do it though. Our school disabled all the USB ports for student users and I'm not going to hack a teacher's account (though a kid did it last year).
  3. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so you think the only way would be to use a flash drive? Because I know our USB ports are still enabled
  4. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    My school's wi-fi for public is unprotected, and the wi-fi is everywhere.

The teacher's though, they use the state-wide school networks, which are protected, and are different from the public ones.

I just use the public ones, it's everywhere and free, nobody needs to hack.
  5. NickGray

NickGray Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It could probably be done, but I would reccomend finding out the guest username and password (most schools have them for new kids/ kids who dont remember their passwords). I would imagine it would be a either be Student or Student1 for the Acc name and the school district (just a guess) as the password. That way it cant be traced to anybody.
    Also you would have to find a program that doesnt need to be installed on the computer because you probably dont have access to do that. Try installing the program on the actual flash drive an using it like that.
  6. DomMaiocchi

DomMaiocchi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)