An honest newbie needs a fix.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Mekhami, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Mekhami

Mekhami New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Here's the deal.

I'm jailbroken iPhone, 16g, 1.1.4, was doing fine, then I tried to 'fix' customize with Danimator's repo and it ended up screwing everything up. My themes aren't going to the right place for summerboard, some applications I install in Cydia don't show up on my Springboard. I guess it has something to do with where the files are going... something to do with symlinks.

Here's the problem. At the place where my desktop is, I don't have wireless. So even if I knew how to SSH, I wouldn't be able to.

I don't want to do a force restore but I suppose that if I wake up in the morning and there are no answers for me, that's what I have to do.
  2. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

well first a lot of people have saw this post but they just cant help you because this is a ipod touch forum not a iphone forum so im sorry i cant even help you out here
  3. Mekhami

Mekhami New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There isn't that much of a difference, is there? Just a matter of what directory this crap is going to.
  4. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you are correct. there is NOT a huge difference between the softwares. so someone on here should be able to help you.

but THAT will depend on you.

You only told us that after installer that one particular program, something started screwing up. you didnt give us any back history.

with 1.1.4 JB, there are MULTIPLE jailbreak solutions, each that symlink and jailbreak differently.

PLUS, its generally not one program that screws up your ipod/iphone: its two working against each other. that last program you installed may be now working against a different program that is now causing multiple errors.

bottom line: this will not be a quick fix for you. you will need to get yourself out of this one by reading through this site, using the search feature, and slowly reading up on info.

final bottom line: without SSH, you are FDDDDDD. SSH is needed. SSH is the savior of most problems.

good luck!

oh, and ps: if you still need help, you will need to post a DETAILED list of EVERY program you have installed. everything. even what kind of jailbreak you used. start by listing all the things you can uninstall from installer, and go from there.

again i say: good luck!
  5. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

Can't you install Finder.app and change the things from there?
  6. Mekhami

Mekhami New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If I knew where and how... But I have Mobile Finder so I can try it.