An explanation to the large number of cameras bought... maybe

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by abakalad, Jul 15, 2009.

1. abakalad

abakalad Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well i was thinking that there may be a reason for so many cameras being purchased either. The ipod touch will have two cameras (ie one on front and one on back as in the Nintendo Dsi) or (as "JKK Photography" suggested) a new device created by apple may be released later this year (maybe even at the next apple event to the likes of "Lets Rock" or "The Beat Goes On") perhaps the rumoured tablet pc is being released with a camera as well as ipod touch 3rd Gen with a Camera. What do you personally think will happen?
    Do you think the touch will have two cameras (i mean lets remember they are only $10 each.) meh just a thought

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    umm no i dont think the ipod touch will have 2 cameras, it just doesnt look like it will happen, there might be a new device though, who knows.
  3. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I highly doubt the touch will get two cameras.

But the netbook/tablet is most likely going to happen, as all the Macbooks at the moment have been all renamed MacBook pro. There are no normal MacBooks at the moment, only pro ones. Apple are going to fill this gap in with something new, which will pobably be te tablet/netbook
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Hey, thanks for referencing me! But yeah, I see Apple trying to 'redefine' the netbook space (and it does need some stirring up, all of the netbooks are shipping with 1.6GHz Atom's, Intel GMA950 graphics, it just pathetic). Anyways, I see Apple shipping a Tablet (but with a spin on it, I'm not sure of that spin) with (possibly) a dual-core Atom, and I think that nVidia Ion could be coming as well. That could explain the talks between Apple and nVidia, and would give it a good graphics chip. Thats the tablet form, the netbook would be basically the same, but be unibody, so it would right off the bat have better build quality than most netbooks (except for maybe the HP 5101). I think that, if it exists, the launch will colaborate with the release of Snow Leopard, because that is what it will be designed to run, and will probably be announced with the iPod's, because it wouldn't make sense for a whole new Apple event to announce one more product. So, if this is real, and it releases, I'm getting it.
  5. basivanhofman

basivanhofman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    when are apple shipping a tablet, you said they were shipping a tablet?
  6. naf456

naf456 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    my bets that the new Netbook (if there is one) will be 1.8GHZ and be as thin as the Air. (not physical air, notebook air

)
  7. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Didnt apple already say they weremt gonna make netbooks?
  8. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I thought Mr Jobs said something along the lines of 'at the moment we don't know how to make a computer we can be proud of for under $500' when asked about netbooks.

So maybe they've changed their minds.
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Apple also denied the iPhone many times, the denied the change to Intel Macs, and just about every other major change in there product line.

But anyways, a tablet isn't a netbook, isn't it?

I can understand why Apple wouldn't release a netbook, but in the long run, if the price is right, then it would be worth it. Later on, you get people who wouldn't normally buy a Mac getting one later on, because Apple just made their best netbook. But still, if they drop the Polycarbonate (white) MacBook to about 800$ or 700$, then that would, in my eyes, be a substitution for a netbook, especially at that price.
  10. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yes, but a quote from about 3 years ago:

"We have no intentions making an Apple Phone" by Steve Jobs.

They also said that Intel CPUs would never be in Macs.