An explanation for no camera.

Discussion in 'September 9, 2009 Event' started by Germany, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germany

Germany Banned

First and foremost, if you believed any of the rumors and now are upset about the lack of your hopes, I don't feel bad for you. They were rumors, not official features that Apple themselves had announced. Get over it and get one of the new models as they are, or even venture to another device such as the Zune HD or Sony Walkman if you can't get over this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Here is a great article written by Jesus Diaz over at Gizmodo. After reading through this, you might actually be in acceptance of no camera. Personally, I think Apple left it out because of feature evolution. They have no need to push things, and they will still make substantial profits from the device. It would also diminish the iPhone's superiority even more than the iPod touch already has. They need to set the line somewhere and if I was a company like them, I would be making very similar decisions.

The Porsche GT2 statement at the end sums it up pretty well. Why would Apple drive the Porsche GT2 when they could have been just as successful as the Mini Cooper in the iPod touch point of view. People will buy it no matter what and this is the right thing for a company to do. Again, putting a camera in would further diminish the luxuries of the iPhone.

Any objections? This article was nicely written in my opinion.
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Very professional to have blatant sexual references on an article we are supposed to take seriously, Nice explanation though.
  3. J Paul

J Paul New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not butthurt over the lack of a camera or anything, but it would have been nice. I've never believed rumors before and don't plan to start anytime soon.

But what about all of those cases that were made with camera holes in the back of them?
  4. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Meh, I don't care what happened this year. I wouldn't get an iPod or anything anyways.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    im tired of these kids crying over a camera, liek you said it was NEVER confirmed, peopel got their hopes up.

iPod touch doesn't need a camera, voice recording, maybe, but not camera. It will also make the iPhone seem not as good as the iPod will have all its features soon, especially with googles app and skype etc.

i think the Nano did deserve this, the nano is a great portable device and im glad apple brought it back to the spotlight.
  6. Overspeed

Overspeed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I fully support Apple for what they announced today. I wanted cheaper prices & faster performance. Both were met. I was hoping for a better internal speaker and the anti-smudge glass of the 3GS though. I wonder if the 32 and 64 got the internal RAM boost that the 3GS got?
  7. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think I expected Apple to top what they had 3 folds. Well time for me to start comparing media deivies. That Zii and zHD is looking pretty niffty if you ask me.
  8. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    true that the ipod touch did not NEED a camera, but the updates to the new ipod touch dont make me want to go and buy a new ipod, if anything, im just going to sell my 8gb 2g for a 32gb 2g, they may not have confirmed the camera, but they did have companies create a case for the the ipod touch to have a camera, and they added a cam and mic to the nano, which is nice, but the cam cant take pics, and what is the point of the mic?

This next gen may be faster but it is not worth the upgrade yet
  9. Sunkist

Sunkist Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I agree with the part that Apple wants the 3GS to be all powerful, but I think they're losing a lot of customers on this
  10. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    32GB is $300, equivalent to a PS3; offers no significant features? I'll pass.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.