An easier way to watch any TV Show/Movie that is on SurftheChannel.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zeronone123, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Zeronone123

Zeronone123 New Member

Intro
    This is a guide reguarding the high demand for streaming iPhone and iPod Touch media. Using this method is recommended because:
    A) It does not require you to pay any money
    B) It is extremely easy.
    C) It is very fast, doesnt require anything other then iMobileCinema
    D) It has an amazing variety, from most television shows, old and new to movies.

Requires:
    A computer with working internet
    A Jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch which is connected to wifi
    iMobile Cinema from Cydia

Steps
    0) If your iPod Touch/iPhone is already jailbroken and you have imobilecinema skip to 5
    1) Turn on your iPhone/Touch
    2) Jailbreak your iPod/Phone (If you do not know how to do this, google quickpwn, the rest will be explained on the website)
    3) After jailbreaking your device, ensure you have cydia and Installer.
    4) To download iMobileCinema, open Cydia and touch Manage>Sources>Edit>Add "http://d.imobilecinema.com" and search iMobileCinema and download it to your device.
    5) On your computer, go to SurfTheChannel.com and find an episode/movie you would like to watch on your ipod.
    6)If there is not a youtube or megavideo link to watch it on, it wont work with this guide, so find another movie/episode.
    7) Write down several megavideo URLs that youd like to watch, all you can store on your devices "Notes" app, or write the EXACT name, EG SP905 (which is a southpark episode I previously viewed)
    8) Go to the URL you wrote down, or search the exact name of the video on http://www.megavideo.com/ and touch the circled play arrow (If instead you see a lego piece, iMobileCinema is not on or malfunctioning)
    9) Enjoy the content!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Notes:
    This is my first post ever, and I wanted to make a tutorial, so if you see any problems, dont be affraid to point them out

I am not in any way associated with these websites and I am not responsible for any legal issues you may encounter while using them.

Jailbreaking a device may void its warranty, so consider this before doing it.
  2. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Can you download them?(This was really helpful by the way. Thanks!)
  3. Zeronone123

Zeronone123 New Member

as long as its not copy right material you can download the content on your computer using the link in surfthechannel, and on megavideo... but Im not aware if there is a way to download this content directly to your device. Sorry.
  4. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    MyMedia?
  5. Taitac

Taitac New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To me its not working....I go to the megavideo link on my ipod, then its buffering the video and in the end it pops up "Failed to play the video!"
    While in my pc the video plays

Any ideas why ?
  6. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I have the same problem....

I may try going up to 2.2.1 (currently on 2.2) and see if that helps.

Just out of curiosity; what firmware are you running?
  7. Zeronone123

Zeronone123 New Member

I run 2.2.1.. Always works for me
  8. Taitac

Taitac New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    2.2.1 also. I tried everything i could think of....but its not working.....I think the only solution to this is like what i did to check which app was crashing my ipod 3 restores back.
    Restore the ipod then install imobilecinema and slowly start putting everything back untill you find what it crashing it.
    I think its probably something for safari browser...like the ******* client, or safari download plugin types....i dont know...just brainstorming here.
  9. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Mine was actually working until I started checking it for Taitac.....

I haven't messed with it since as I don't really care about streaming video on my phone; it is a cool feature though.
  10. madrigal77

madrigal77 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there a reason why I have to do it on a pc? Can't I get the links on mobile safari?