An Applications Rant

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by spoonforknife, Oct 8, 2008.

1. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

So... hey guys!
    You're probably used to my rants now, but fueled with a lack of school tomorrow and "The Good Life," (Weezer, not Kanye) playing in the background, I feel that this one has some merit.

Please Register or Log in to view images

In any case, this one is about applications. I'm sure you're all rather familiar with them, as the entire iPod touch community is based on them.

But here's my point. After reading all the b*tching about how iPhysics Lite wasn't free, because "Lite" applications are supposed to be free, I was not happy. See this lovely example.

Firstly, what's up with the bin laden reference? Immature much?

Secondly, LITE HAS NO ASSOCIATION WITH FREE.
    That's like saying because I've eaten an carrot means I'm a vegetarian. In a more relevant example, Jaadu Click is the "lite" version of Jaadu VNC. In fact, it was once called Jaadu Lite. Is it free? No, it's $0.99. Sometimes people do not want all the features of the full featured application, don't need them, and do not feel that the extra price is justified. So they buy the cheaper one.

iPhysics Lite does not have the downloadable content that the full one will have. That makes a huge difference. The $1.99 game is basically 7 games in one. The $9.99 game is ∞ games. Let me spell it out.

∞ - 7 = One hell of a lot more than $8.

Nobody is forcing you to buy either. So stop b*tching about the price.

EXHIBIT A

Um... seriously. Based on your use of grammar, "lol, prolly, and SMD," you're probably younger than that of Rawd is in his 40's, and that of somebody acting mature in that thread. (See here)

Secondly,

EXHIBIT B

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

We know you don't agree with iPhysics Lite's price, but if you're going to go off, download applications illegally, and that sort of thing: KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

On a forum that has explicitly said that anything about Cracked applications is grounds for an infraction, you say that you are downloading a copy of an application illegally, in front of the developer's very face. Not only is that completely disrespectful, idiotic, and against the forum's rules, it's illegal.

The game itself is one of the most advanced applications on the App Store. It is the only with a full featured physics engine, especially one as renowned as Box2D.

Yes, the graphics aren't stellar. But that is not the point I'm making.

THINK PEOPLE! THINK!
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

You just made me see God.....thrice.
  3. spoonforknife

I try, I try.

4. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I want mikec1985 to read this...

Oh, and if the miracle that immature little prick that we know of an mikec1985 is really reading this, I just want to tel you this: You just got PWNED!
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    DAMN!!! DPOONY STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!

that mikeyloserguyorwhatever just got PWNED!!!!!!

Pass the butter, he just got toasted!

6. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

• Immature or obscene comments
    How about keeping your rants to yourself?
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    How about you staying over there with the rest of the children?
  8. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Alright, enough of this.
    Back on topic...
  9. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    sPoooony Poons.

The reason is also made clear by the fact that Apple don't allow demos - And that's what iPhysics Lite was at the time, an almost-functional demo. Would you be pissed off if you bought iPhysics LE for $2 and you could only play half of every level available?

Basically Rawd and R4m0n made a whole seperate game for us that can't afford the $10 one.

I myself found it difficult to scrape together $2 for the game... But I managed and I love it - Specially After Dark

So basically what I'm saying is, if you want a cheaper iPhysics with 7 or 8 fully functioning games, go for the Lite version.

But if you would rather have these 7 or 8 games plus the ability to download thousands more - Wait a month for the fuller version.

Or be nice and buy both

<3
  10. spoonforknife