An app that makes it easier to use the ipt in your pocket

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by crazlunatic, Feb 24, 2008.

1. crazlunatic

crazlunatic New Member

One of the reasons why I still prefer taking a nano out instead of a touch sometimes is because you can use a nano without taking it out of the pocket.

I know some of you will tell me you can do the same with the touch by pressing the home button twice and then memorizing where the volume and song controls are but its rather difficult because it is so high up. Is there a program where this is made easier?

I think a great program would be where you can use mouse gestures even when the ipod is off to signal a volume increase, decrease, song skip, play pause or something. For example, 2 fingers on the screen, one stationery, and one moving up and down would adjust volume.

Two taps single pause and play, etc.
  2. twlegg

twlegg New Member

Not a bad idea. I do miss being able to change song / volume etc easily without having to look at the ipod.
  3. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah like having a accelerometer to move , ie when you shake your ipod sideways the song changes , but when you shake your ipod up or down it turns the volume up or down.

Please Register or Log in to view images

i would make one but i dont know how . lol
  4. beezy

beezy New Member

i want this app, do a finger gesture to start the app, once started, tap for play/pause, the slide back/forth for song change and circle for volume, would make touch history, lol maybe with the new SDK?
  5. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    good idea, though when your ipod is sleeping, the screen won't register any gestures, so you'd have to wake it up and unlock first. but that's pretty easy to do without looking.

i agree though, the ipod touch isn't the best for listening to music because of the lack of easy navigation...that's why i still use other ipod for music. my ipod touch is only for video & internet.
  6. crazlunatic

crazlunatic New Member

maybe if we get enough posts in here, a developer will pick up on the hint and develop something like this. Seriously, even something that moves the volume controls closer to the bottom of the iPod will help!
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

This can be done. Turn off your AutoLock, then:
    Create an app that reads swipes in four directions. Swipe right for next, Left for previous, Up for fast forward, down for rewind, and double tap to play/pause.
  8. TrckySki123

TrckySki123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    skylar do you know a lot of coding? is it like a hobby or a career
    OT im sorry but im in highschool and choosing a career
  9. hockeypanda32

hockeypanda32 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    SkylarEC, you are just TO awesome! You made that Font Swap App in like what 2 seconds lol, if you made this or you just aided someone to make this you would be GODly!

!

!
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd personally prefer tactile buttons. This would be nice, but if you're reaching into your pocket anyways, you might as well take the thing out of your pocket.