An app that acts as a lock to a different app that doesn't have a lock?

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Tsetsefly_stl, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Tsetsefly_stl

Tsetsefly_stl New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is there one besides Lockdown? From what I have read u have to jailbreak the device in order to use lockdown & I really don't want to so that. Don't get me wrong... I'm not above doing that type of thing. Still have a chipped PS2 in the closet... Just want to get a better understanding of my IPT before I jump into that with that.

Specificly I want to keep people out of my "Bank of Me" app & it doesn't have one on it!? Would figure that is the type of app that would have one on it.

Thanks for any input! Am open to any other suggestions on this!
    -Joel
  2. tomcooldrummer

tomcooldrummer New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    You will have to jailbreak to enable this feature because Apple does not allow apps from the AppStore to modify any of the files on other apps as that may lead to a way of accessing the root file system.
  3. Tsetsefly_stl

Tsetsefly_stl New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the info... It makes sense that apple would protect the original developers like that! An angle I hadn't thought of! Would u have any major complaints about having "jailbroken" your device? Any significant reason to or not to go about it with mine?

Thanks again! Joel
  4. nintendokid97

nintendokid97 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    No complaints. You can easily restore in iTunes to get it factory fresh. Nothing will be broken, no jailbreak action will make it need to go in to Apple for repair. When you jailbreak it, you can get any app store app for free, add themes, tweaks, other apps, everything. It's tottaly worth it and it will make your iPod feel like you actually spent your 200-300 dollars on something useful.
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    There is nothing bad about jailbreaking, it just allows that root access, nothing will be harmed. Things still cost money, but a larger variety of apps disapproved by apple because they use root access will be avaliable. Be cautious of winterboard, themes may hinder your experience by at least 95%