An ALmost happy ending with Q's for the forum:

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by bluetiger20, Jan 28, 2008.

1. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So..... after countless restore/jailbreak/upgrade/wash/rinse/repeat...... I have gotten a jailbroken 1.1.3 with my $20 apps (that I paid for)

As a bonus, since I saved the image of my jailbroken 1.1.2 ipod, it was easy to upload all my notes, mail accounts, maps bookmarks, and youtube bookmarks back into the new ipod. (took me an hour to realize i had to now upload everything to the "mobile" folder, but still.)

and i even got that dang summerboard to work just by installing it (no wallpaper tho)

im almost back to the point where i was 3 days ago with Nate True's Jailbreak (my music is finally going back on my iPod)

all im missing is working Customize (this part makes me sad cuz i had customize working on Natte True''s jailbreak)

So bottom line, im dissapointed in this Dev Team release. Too many possibilities for different problems without a single source to go to ask for help. (instead we wind up with 40 new threads of the same issue, like Im sure i did)

While granted, I was fine on the first dev team jailbreak ( i just didnt know what bosstools was), it still should have been made clear to noobs.

on the other hand, the joke is on me for jailbreaking asap.

as for my questions to the forum:

Has anyone gotten parts of Customize to work? I can load the program, i can tell it what images i want, and where, and it will say OK, and re-spring, but then nothing changes!

what gives?

If you could fix this issue for me.... hell, id be A-OK till next month when 1.1.4 is released.........

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I hope to have helped somewhat by my thread which compiles all the usefull links and guides into one post, link in my sig ( or here : http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31428 )

As far as customize, I am the same as you dude, I had it running on NateTrue's but can't do it on this one.

It sees all the theme files, seems to apply them but then the change isn't applied ( slider masks, battery images etc. )
  3. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    to be honest, most of your links in your thread were the ones that worked.

I JUST WISH I HAD THAT 12 FREAKING HOURS AGO.

sry....... i jst cant believe i wasted my whole day around my iPod.

granted, my iPod is the center of my world...... it never lets me miss an appointment....
  4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

yeah - I did the same. And these were the ones that worked.

I just hope that by adding them to one thread, people will find them easier.