An ACTUAL Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by shortguy088, Jan 25, 2008.

1. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

i have an actual question not like some of the other pointless threads. If i jailbreak 1.1.3 on my ipod touch using the only way known which is for the iphone, what exactly will happen? will it have extra stuff like the iphone? or different folders? what?
  2. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

This is an ACTUAL question that has already ACTUALLY been answered. Just take a peek around the boards.

You're no better than the other thread makers that ask questions that have already been answered, man. Don't try and make yourself look any better than the others.

Anyway, apparently, when you jailbreak to 1.1.3, you will get some sort of pop up everytime you turn on your iPod. This is no big deal, and I'm sure it'll get fixed soon enough.

Also, you will get a new dock image (the 1.1.3 firmware dock, of course).

You will also get a "+" sign in your Safari web browser, but no ability to create webclips on your summerboard.

That is basically it.

If you want more features, you'll have to unlock the App Pack, which, by the way - you can get for free... But for that, I'm going to ask you to search around.
  3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

To be fair though, it is an Actual question by definition, structure and the use of the "?" at the end of the sentence.

But yeah, been asked many times before
  4. bulbous nub

bulbous nub New Member

If you choose to enable the iPhone/iPod Applications, then yes, you will have extra stuff floating around like Phone and SMS. The firmware also seems to take up a bit more space than the original iPod Touch firmware does (about 300mb more). Also, you will sometimes get a popup "Waiting for Activation", but not often. Your upper-left "iPod" labeling is replaced with "No Service". The folder structure seems to be the same, but my iPod is having one hell of an identity crisis right now!
  5. London Dude

London Dude New Member

all you get when you perform the Jailbreak is the new dock and installer.app. The apps are included in the firmware package and just need to be "unlocked". There is a method to do this a few pages back.
    When you do this, you will be able to move the icons as well as use the new apps.
    because iBrickr uses the iPhone firmware, you will also have the phone and sms apps, although these wont work
  6. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member