Amount of free ram?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mobious, May 19, 2010.

1. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Just curious, I already jail broke my iPad, does jailbreaking the device add more things that run in the background that would take a toll on ram? Right now the max free ram I can get is 140 and all I am running is sbsettings. Although I know that daemons use ram, I am not sure they are.
    Basically what I am getting at is if you jailbreak would you have less free ram from a fresh restart than you would if your not jail broken?
  2. That Kid

That Kid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Jailbreaking isn't exactly the main factor. The thing that affects the RAM the most are background processes, just normal processes and mobile substrate plugins. And 140 is about what is expected from an iPad at springboard with just SBSettings running.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well it depends on what you install from Cydia.
  4. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Alright thanks for the information buddy. So in a sense, if you were to just jailbreak the device and install nothing on it, it would have the exact amount of free ram an iPad thats not jail broken would?
  5. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just jailbreaking does not affect your amount of free RAM. What uses more RAM is things like Winterboard themes or other Cydia downloads that are constantly running.

Hope this helps!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. That Kid

That Kid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    True. Unless you open Cydia it will not change the amount from non-jailbroken iPods or iPhones.