American History X

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by mclaurin10, Jan 16, 2009.

1. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I just watched the film "American History X" because I liked Edward Norton, but also because it was recommended to me by a friend. WHOAH, this movie was powerful, shocking, and saddening.

I just wanted to post this because, like the feeling after seeing a touching, deep movie, I dont really know what to do with myself and wanted to get this out there.

So in short, if you have seen it - what did you think, and if you didnt you should watch it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/american_history_x/
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All I can say is, Hate is a very very powerful weapon. But also one of the most stupidest things that is part of the human psyche.

Throw in Ignorant, you've got something that is as powerful and devastating as a nuclear strike.

I've seen that movie too. Its a really good movie. It really shows how stupid hate and ignorance can be. I really suggest more people watch that movie, learn more about how their hate and ignorance can affect them and the people around them.
  3. jessikur

jessikur Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Man... this is like one of my favorite movies of all time. Ed Norton is wonderful in it. It's not even just the message, but the cinematography. And the use of black and white..

Hmm.. I guess I could watch that right now.
  4. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

I really enjoyed it when I first saw it,and bought it on DVD (when dvds were far more expensive than they are now).
    But having watched it recently I feel the power has diminished somewhat,it is rather simplistic and the conversion of Norton's character is just a little too simple,too easy for such a hardline skinhead.
    Having said that,all of the performances are excellent,(apart from norton's girlfriend perhaps) with Stacy Keach and Elliot Gould being especially brilliant in underwritten parts.The wranglings between the director and Norton make me believe there is a better film ready to be made from unseen footage.
    If you haven't ever seen it,watch Romper Stomper, an Australian film starring Russell Crowe before he became famous.AMX took a lot of pointers from it,it is darker and better all round in my opinion
  5. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This movie was awesome.
  6. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Definately a must see.
  7. Skeptikal

Skeptikal New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "put ur mouth on the kurb and say goodnight" it is a very powerful movie and it got me some answers in a test about racism so thats good
  8. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

Definitely a excellent movie. I would recommend watching it if you haven't already. Learn the life of a skinhead.
  9. KiiLL3R 7

KiiLL3R 7 New Member

Its a really good movie, the ending was the saddest part.