Amazon shipping to canada

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JKJones, Sep 5, 2010.

1. JKJones

JKJones Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok so amazon.com has the best price for the iPod touch and after the conversion to Canadian dollars it is much cheaper then apple store pricing; however amazon.ca does not even list the new iPod touch (maybe it will after official release). My question is could i have it shipped to Canada from amazon.com. Also how would the taxes work with that please give me a reply.
  2. ndrwzheng

ndrwzheng New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They dont ship to Canada. Amazon.ca has never offered the iPods for sale either, so I doubt they will this time.

I am Canadian.
  3. JKJones

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well i find that very unreliable as they have and do sell ipods. 3rd gens are on there curently ,so thanks for that. Anybody who knows what there talking about want to help me?
  4. ndrwzheng

ndrwzheng New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure they don't... like Amazon's kind of like eBay in a way, other sellers could sell on the site as well.

I don't know if we're on the same track here, but AFAIK Amazon themselves do not sell iPods, it's the third party suppliers.

And would you mind giving me a link to which Amazon does sell them? I would be blown away haha
  5. JKJones

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    oh well if you look at it that way then no amazon does not sell it themselves but they are sold on amazon so are you getting one if so where are you getting it from?
  6. ndrwzheng

ndrwzheng New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    FYI, I'd stay away from Amazon's 3rd party retailers. Once I ordered headphones off one of them, got a fake one instead and the seller ignored me when I demanded a refund...

Anyways, I'm buying mine from Best Buy. I would rather go buy it from Future Shop because they're more Canadian (haha yes I'm very patriotic) but here's why:

I'm pre-ordering a video game from BB, and they're offering 800 reward points (equivalent to $10 coupon), meaning I'm gonna use that coupon on my next purchase (the iPod touch).

Other than that reason, I would go with Future Shop. But regardless of the 2 that you choose, both will come with a 30 day unconditional return warranty (you can return it for any reason, I remember I returned my 2nd gen because dust got underneath the screen, hopefully this won't happen fingers crossed).
  7. JKJones

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah guess we dont have many choices after taxes its just extreme in pricing geuss i just got to save (or wait for apple to sell refurbs)
  8. ndrwzheng

ndrwzheng New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well why don't you go to the states? Like for my I'm an hour's drive to the states, but if you live really close to the border then that could be an option...

And just tell the border guards you're going for a joyride haha, don't tell them you're going shopping because otherwise you'd have to pay GST (and PST or HST) when you come back, along with the US sales tax...
  9. JKJones

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well thats a couple of hours away but seeing as im 14 years old i doubt that could happen i got some relatives there one that drives a truck or something like that through Canada and the u.s idk ill see
  10. ndrwzheng

ndrwzheng New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Truee...

anyways yeah just go get one from your local FS or BB then... or even from Apple (which of course you can try one out before you buy haha).

But do not buy from the Apple online store and get it engraved, because once you do you lose the ability to return or exchange it.