am trying to connect to RealVNC HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by baller2007, Jan 2, 2008.

1. baller2007

baller2007 New Member

when i look at the bottom of the taskbar icon it says VNC Server (user): Not accepting connections

And how do connect to port
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you talking about the VNsea application?

On the PC side, open the VNC configuration panel, you have a setting to enable/disable connections. Normally when you have installed it, everything is fine and you simply have to configure the authentication.

Simply put the IP of your PC in VNsea (and the VNC password).

Anyway, it's a gadget, there's not much you can do trying to control a 1280x1024 screen or more from an iPod, let's face it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually you can do quite a lot - I mean it's not like a great way to write a Word document, but I can remotely access my computers to glance for new IMs (no one has a frickin IM solution for Microsoft Office Communicator which my company uses) or to forward a document to myself that I forgot on my home computer...

Should be very easy to setup, however - I've got it running under Mac, Windows & Ubuntu...
  4. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    And all Apple wanted you to do with that device was only listening to music. Steve Jobs really isn't the visionary guy he used to be. Tsk.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So you can access your home computer with this app even when you are not at home? How?

EDIT: Anyway I have the same problem. I use real VNC, and when I point my mouse at the icon in the bar at the right bottom of the screen, it says "Not accepting connections". I dont know how to change this. I tried typing in my IP on the VNsea app anyway, but I says it wont connect. Please help
  6. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so what should I do?

I followed two videos on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R4LbbsihVs this was one of them.

I did exactly what he did, but on my iPod I get a grey screen with a lot of black bars crossing over it. I can still control the mouse on my computer, but it is MAD slow and laggy. What should I do? I'm using realVNC, but I also tried VNC Ultra or something like that, and it gave me the same problem

I also tried doing this on my Vista laptop. Followed the guide and all, but when I point my mouse at the real vnc icon in the bar at the bottom it says "Not accepting connections". I tried typing the IP into ipod anayway, but it wont connect. So why does it say that its not accepting connections? What should I do?