Am I wrong to be worried?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by touchmanic, Oct 13, 2007.

1. touchmanic

touchmanic New Member

I have a touch on order and I'm awaiting delivery. I am obviously amazed and seriously interested in the idea of jailbreaking it to achieve more usability etc.
    However, as someone who has never done anything like this before, my worries are:
    1. How hard it is to actually successfully jailbreak my ipod.
    and
    2. More importantly, how do we know that these hacks etc aren't malicious and could result in one of the hackers being able to access our passwords for email etc etc?

As I say, I'm anythign but an expert, but these questions are really worrying me and I'd be extremely grateful if someone could fill me in on the ramifications.....especially for point 2!
  2. Beemer

Beemer New Member

1) Its not that bad if you follow the directions (if you are windows its even easier). I had some intial trouble jailbreaking mine because of some mix up with the steps but after I figured it out it went relatively smooth. It took me a while, maybe an hour or so to finish it. Its worth the try I say.
    2) You just have to trust the scene and its guides. Make sure you follow guides from the DevTeam or someplace that is reputable if that. If you are still really unsure after reading the guides and such, then just enjoy the normal iPod Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. touchmanic

touchmanic New Member

Thanks for your quick reply!

Also, if I jailbreak it in Windows, can I use in with a Mac?

Finally, what a good resource this website is!