Am I too paranoiac ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by starwindgene, Sep 20, 2009.

1. starwindgene

starwindgene New Member

Hello everyone,

I've discovered this forum today and it's very interesting with a lot of information about the great ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

! I have some questions that i'm worried about and i hope that you can help me because i didn't find the answers on the others threads.

Long time ago, i had an jailbreak iphone and it was very fun to play with it. And now i have an ipod touch 2G for some months. Here is the problem : I wanted to try to jailbreak my ipod touch to customise it and add more apps. My ipod was a 2.2.1 firmware and I read some random tutorial on another websites to jailbreak it. However I didn't really paid attention to these tutorials and installed the firmware 3.0 in a non-official way.

After that, everything was fine and I had no problem to jailbreak it but I didn't like it ( more difficult for me to use than before with Installer ). So I restored my iPod touch to the 2.2.1 firmware with the DFU method and itune (didn't have the original one, so i had to get it on the net). However, I liked the new firmware (3.0) and I want to buy it through Itunes and use it like before with the appstore.

So here is the question. Can I use my ipod freely like before I jailbreak it ? I mean using the appstore and everything that is related to and purchase the 3.0 firmware on itune ? Is there any risks for me since I "temporarily" upgraded my ipod with a non-official method and jailbreak it ? Because when I buy it like 4 months ago (like most of you) I registered my ipod touch with it serial number and everything on the website of Apple (for the warranty and in case of stealing) and I was wondering if they really care about those things like people jailbreaking their ipod touch or installing firmware ?

Thanks you very much for reading this and have a nice day !

PS : Can we pay by paypal or do we have to use visa to pay for an upgrade ?
  2. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can either use a credit/debit card or a gift card to buy the update. Apple doesn't like that people jailbreak, but they can't tell when users perform the exploit. If you get a popup asking if you want to send usage information to Apple, just say no to be on the safe side. And even if they did ID you (which would be crazy), they wouldn't do anything.
  3. starwindgene

starwindgene New Member

okay thanks.... I hope you're right ! What a shame that we can't use paypal to pay

Please Register or Log in to view images

!