Am I the only one that hated Call of Duty: World at War

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Led, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Led

Led Banned

It seems like everyone loves it, but I absolutely hate it. It's a crappy remake of Modern Warefare in the Pacific Theater of WW2. It seemed like Treyarch tried to make WaW exactly like Modern Warefare (Dogs? Seriously? Just one more thing for PETA to get upset about). The only new thing is Nazi Zombies but i wouldn't buy the game for that. Treyarch just sucks at games.
  2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    From what I've seen on teh internetz, a lot of people hate it. I kinda liked it, nowhere near as much as MW, but still.
  3. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yea WaW is really really bad. Treyarch does suck! Nazi zombies is the only thing fun about it.

IW FYW
  5. Led

Led Banned

By the way, does the world need another World War 2 shooter? I thought we were rid of those.
  6. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nah, WAW wasn't close to being as amazing as MW, but it was ok.
  7. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I've gotten back into it recently. I bought Map Pack 2 before my Xbox died and the Zombie map is bloody amazing. Online play is hard to get into and I hate those Betties... But the maps are big and some of the weapons are nice.

Still, CoD4 ftw
  8. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I hated it...
  9. EvanTDM

EvanTDM New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The only reason people hated Call of Duty World at War was because the WWII era first person shooter was played out... people were sick of it. I personally thought it was a good game through and through but after playing Modern Warfare, it doesn't even come close. I guess people just wanted a better first person shooter than the old WWII shooters from when they first started in the original Call of Duty.

But what i don't get is how controversial the war now is so that they cant make games directly off this war. WWII was real controversial and a lot of the survivors of say the Pearl Harbor attack or the people that raided the beaches at Normandy, can't even talk about it because it brings them to tears. but yet there are close to, I'd say, 100 game about WWII. but, i dont know if you guys have heard, but there was a game called Six Days in Fallujah, that got cancelled because of the Irag war veterans saying it was offensive. ironic isnt it how tons of games can be made about WWII, a war that upset a lot of people, but NONE can be made about the war now... probably not until 15 years after it's over.... Consider what i just said

Consider this quote from the father of his son who was a killed Royal Military Police... Considering the enormous loss of life in the Iraq War, glorifying it in a video game demonstrates very poor judgement and bad taste... These horrific events should be confined to the annals of history, not trivialised and rendered for thrill-seekers to play out... It's entirely possible that Muslim families will buy the game, and for them it may prove particularly harrowing. Even worse, it could end up in the hands of a fanatical young Muslim and incite him to consider some form of retaliation or retribution."
  10. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    ^ True. Where are the WWI games?