Am I the first REAL brick?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Cyanidepoison, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Today at school, I messed up my iPod on purpose. I just ran rm -rf / for fun (I know it was stupid, but I thought all I'd have to do was take it home and restore it) so basically half the crap broke. So I came home and did a restore on it back to 1.1.1. I did that fine, and then I used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak 1.1.1. When I finally got that done and installed BSD subsystem, I tried to get the 1.1.3 iJailbreak going just like I've done a few times this last week. I ran it, and got the permissions error. Woohoo. So I ran through that process a few times more, and nothing worked. Yay. Then I went to ipodtouchfans to look to see if any news on that had made its way through. Nothing other than the ZiPhone jailbreak was on the page. I tried the ZiPhone 1 method. That didn't work, I got the BSD root error. I used iPHUC to go into recovery again, and then I tried ZiPhone 2. That didn't work either. I just got BSD root error again. Now when I boot my iPod into RECOVERY MODE it goes into the ZiPhone jailbreak process! RECOVERY MODE!!!!!!!!!! It also does it on a normal boot. So now I sit typing this looking at my iPod Touch BSD root'ing its way down my iPod's screen almost in tears.

I fear all is lost here, and I may be the first real brick.
  2. Arkidas

Arkidas New Member

Try holding the home and power button until you see the itunes restore icon on your touch, don't let go until you see it. If it doesn't work, try iphuc, enterrecovery.
  3. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hold both physical buttons until your ipod turns off
    WHen its off keep holding them until you see the apple logo
    keep holding the home button but release the power button
    when you see the connect to itunes image, restore.
  4. H3X

H3X New Member

It's not bricked. That's the good news. A brick is right when it turns on it won't turn off.

You could be doing the process to get in to reocovery mode wrong.

Try getting into recovery mode 10 more times or so. If that doesn't work, turn it on and just leave it on overnight or however long it takes for the battery to completely die. Then, plug in your ipod and try again.

Good luck.
  5. Khamelion

Khamelion New Member

OH NO. Not again a wannabeimportantbecauseihaveaipodtouchbrickedbutinrealityimjusttoostupid
  6. brosmooth

brosmooth New Member

do you even know what a brick is? a brick is when it acts like a brick.. duh, like it wont even turn on or off, ie -its now as usefull as a brick
  7. Cyanidepoison

I got it into force restore mode after holding it for about a minute. It finally gave me the iTunes restore picture, and its restoring at a hideously slow pace... but its working.

Thanks guys, I didn't think of holding it for longer than normal.
  8. Cyanidepoison

You're an idiot. I booted into RECOVERY MODE with the normal method (10 seconds of holding the buttons) and it did the process. I then proceeded to try a normal boot, which led to the same thing.

I'm not some idiot who's never heard of iPHUC or force restores.
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    But you are some idiot who'd mess up their own iPod on Purpose

Please Register or Log in to view images

Why not just throw it in the toilet!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Cyanidepoison

lol yeah
    Its back up again... sort of...

Whenever I go into iTunes after the restore, I press "No Thanks" on buying the upgrade, but then it takes me back to the same page, and then I only get the "Ok" option. I can't get to the iPod setup screen or the usage bar.