iOS 4.0 Am i stuffed?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by CBTOUCH, Jul 13, 2010.

1. CBTOUCH

CBTOUCH New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm a complete noob at this BUT....

I bought a secondhand iphone 3g last week which came with OS4 installed. I managed to jailbreak it using 'redsnow' but it lags sooooooooooo much and i was hoping to be able to downgrade to either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3.

Are you able to downgrade an 8gb 3g iphone (model: MB489B) WITHOUT SHSH blobs??
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah you can downgrade with no trouble, just download the ipsw and shift+restore to it
  3. CBTOUCH

CBTOUCH New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for that. Am i correct in thinking Shsh blobs are only required when downgrading a 3GS from OS4?
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iPhone 3Gis pwned4life. You can downgrade it to any firmware due to the 24kpwn bootorm exploit.

pro tip: install and jailbreak iOS4 but DON'T enable multitasking and backgrounds as they WILL make it lag like crazy.

iDevices released since mid-production of iPhone 3GS (i.e. some iPhone 3GS and everything after) have the new as yet unhacked bootrom and hard-coded firmware activation requirement using SHSH blobs.
  5. CBTOUCH

CBTOUCH New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I read before i jailbroke about the lag on the 3g when multitasking and wallpapers were installed, so i didnt install them but there is still so much lag compared to the iphone 2g 3.1.2, that i've just sold. OS4 just isnt as good as i expected (probably fine on the 3gs).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Onced restored back to 3.1.2, whats the best way of jailbreaking and unlocking? As mentioned above, i used 'redsnow' to jailbreak before. Can i jailbreak and unlock again using 'redsnow' for 3.1.2? Its currently locked to o2.
  6. graeme2912

graeme2912 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes you can
  7. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you're using 3.1.2, you should use redsn0w to jailbreak or Spirit (but apparently it has loads of problems) but if you know what you're doing with redsn0w then that's fine.
  8. CBTOUCH

CBTOUCH New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Right.......just tried to downgrade to 3.1.2 and ive just got an error code (1015)

And now says its in recovery mode and needs to be restored?
    Right, i'm a little concerned.

After receiving the (1015) error, and the iphone showing the recovery mode screen, i left it alonw while i searched for answers on here but after afew minutes the iphone screen went blank and when i checked itunes it was no longer showing it as connected NOR is it showing up in 'my computer'

Please Register or Log in to view images

I powered the iphone back up and its going straight to the recovery mode screen (disc and usb cable) and itunes isnt finding it? I've tried puting it into dfu mode, but no matter what i try it ALWAYS comes back on in recovery (disc and usb icon)
  9. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had that problem when I was on 3.1.1 and tried to downgrade to 3.0, I tried putting it in DFU mode, didn't work. So I was stuck with a black screen. So I held the power button and the home button until something happened, I was booted into recovery mode. I clicked restore, and weirdly, it worked. At this point I learned you need to experiment to fix your iPod.
  10. CBTOUCH

CBTOUCH New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    A little update:

I plugged it into my laptop and itunes picked it up. I restored through Itunes without any problems BUT....I couldnt get any further than the emercency call screen? My o2 sim is password protected so after inserting it, it obviously asked for the pin. I entered the pin but doesnt activate

The iphone was factory unlocked to o2?

I have just connected to my PC AGAIN!! and Itunes has now picked it up (PC wouldnt find it earlier) and is now asking to restore back to OS4.

Cant believe this has taken all day!
    The OS4 restore has just finished and i'm left with the emergency call screen. My o2 sim hasnt acrivated again

How do i get this working from the emergency screen as i cant go any further than this? Ive got no other simcards apart from my current o2 one.