Am I Screwed When 2.0 Come Out?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by xSNOWCAT, May 24, 2008.

1. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So yesterday i had to restore my iPhone, long story. But usually after a restore it goes to the iTunes Store for a activation, and it wil see that I already activated with AT&T and will skip this process. But yesterday the iTunes Store wasnt working, i guess it was down because it wasnt connecting for me. So i fake activated with winpwn, and now my iPhone is unlocked too. So i was wondering will I be able just to update to the 2.0 (when it comes out) without having to activate again? Or do i have to wait for a unlock method?
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You'll be able to update I'm sure, because It's already unlocked. So you should be fine, in theory. I really don't know.
  3. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

i think that if u restore it or update it to the 2.0 u wont have a problem... cause it will erase everything that u did to your ipod....
  4. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I hope I won't have a problem, because I'd just renewed my contract in Feb. And not gonna do it again
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Just restore and re-activate again. No point in unlocking your iPhone if you have a legit At&t contract.
  6. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea but i dont want to renew my contract thats the problem, i mean worst case if i have to i will but i dont think its needed now.
  7. VistaDog

VistaDog New Member

you dont need to, if you restore, it will notice you are already activated in their system. like it always did before