Am i right in saying...

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Gatzy118, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have been snooping round the ipod and in springboard.app found applelogo.png . I converted it to normal png and it is the logo used when booting the iphone. Now im assuming by replacing this file you can change the boot logo (i havmt tried it yet) but if this is so you can changeit using a winterboard theme!

In the theme have this

Theme.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard.app/AppleLogo.png

And put your own image. Can someone test this?
  2. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i dun think so

I use total commander to get into my ipod. With that program i used the search fucntion to find springboard.app because your post very much intruiged me. The only place i found applelogo.app was in \System\Library\CoreServices\Springobard.app. Now, the applelogo file was in there, but since i used quickpwn to pwn my ipod, me boot logo is that colorful winpwn apple thing on left side of screen. So the applelogo.png file is still in the ipod, but is not being used as the boot logo, which i can't seem to find. Your "theme" may work, but not replacign that image i don't think will work.
    if you do happen to try it out, please let us know what happens, as im very interested in being able to switch out that boot pic