Am I peed off or what?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by Abcmsaj, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Got my mic today from TouchMods and Ridax.
    SOOOO EXCITED. Been waiting ages coz I live in the UK.

This is what I get:

Please Register or Log in to view images

GAH. And I don't want to touch it... because they say I need to superglue the two halfs back together and I'll mess it up (I know what I'm like)

Anyone else had this problem and complained or lived with it?

(Don't flame me because I'm not complaining - Just venting a bit of frustration. It still works though.)
  2. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

So What's Wrong With It?
  3. Abcmsaj

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    It works completely.
    But I'm worried about the long term when maybe the connector will keep straining to fit and snap inside my Touch?
  4. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

oh it looks good
  5. Abcmsaj

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Bet i'll come back in a week's time with a picture of it in two halves - unrepairable.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

haha i ordered mine for 30 bucks from jvanderwalk so imma see which one is better
  7. ridax

ridax New Member

I have already talked to you about this. I don't see why (if) you complain. If you have any issue with it, why not contact me? When you talked to me about it, you didn't show any serious unhappiness about it. If you want, you can return it for a replacement, there is no problem at all for me to do that.

I have already told you there is ABSOLUTELY no difference from your mic and the other mics, in the way it functions NOR in the way it will perform physically. The ONLY difference is that the "square" sign is at your bottom side instead of the top side. I have several thousands of these connectors here, and the internal fittings for the connector part is identical in both cover halves (which is also the reason it would be easy for this mistake to happen).

You seem to think there is some kind of mismatch physically, because of this, but I can assure you, the physical performance and durability is identical.

I have mounted a mic intentionally like yours and put it side by side with an original mic in the photo below, and you can see, there is no difference between them in their physical specifications. I also took a photo similar to yours, with a correct mic attached (to an iPhone). As you see, there is no difference in how they fit.

Attached Files:

8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Ridax, the link to order a mic is broken on the touchmods page.
  9. Abcmsaj

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Sorry Ridax if you got the wrong end of the stick.
    I was just trying to get feedback to see if anyone had this problem and theirs snapped or something? Then if I got negative feedback I would've asked for a replacement.

After all, if I felt SOOO badly about it because the square was on the wrong side I would've told you how i felt in the TouchMods webchat when we met (Using many 4 letter **** words, I might add)

But sorry if you interpretted it wrong :|
  10. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Those mic's look pretty nice to me, does anyone have any links to sites that do small speakers about the same size? I Got a logic 3 mobile speaker system which is great for watching you tube in landscape but a bit too big to lug about all the time - a handy little plug in speaker the same size as these mic's would be tight for on the go stuff.