Am I not using this right?? Should I jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rickjames8, Jul 26, 2009.

1. rickjames8

rickjames8 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, years ago I had a palm pilot. It was my favorite toy ever. I could take anything from my computer, pop it in to my PP, and away I went with it. For me, that was one of the best uses.

After years of living a gadget-free life in the middle of no-where (well, a tropical island, to be exact) I saw the iPhone/iTouch and just thought it was the coolest thing ever and had to have one.

I just ASSUMED with all the cool features, it would have the basic elements of a palm pilot. But apparently, I can't get notes on or off my computer without emailing it to myself?? This is the most absurd thing ever. Sure, for $20, I can buy software that looks like iTunes, but does the obvious notes-sync. And only available for Mac.

Furthermore, the photo album only works with one computer. I'd say less than 1% of the users in the world would have copyrighted photos making that type of protection necessary.

If I jailbreak this thing, can I take my notes on and off? Can I add and remove photos from any computer?
  2. jedimattk

jedimattk Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm assuming you have Windows, in which case you really don't need to jailbreak for either feature. Have you noticed that Windows always detects your iPhone as a camera when you plug it in? Rather than going through iTunes, just use the Camera & Scanner Wizard to upload pictures from the phone to your computer. You can do this on as many computers as you like.

With the new version, iTunes 8.2, note syncing has finally been included. As far as I know, you need to have Microsoft Office installed first, and then it will synchronize your notes with Outlook. It did take them an awfully long time to come up with that simple feature, though, didn't it?