Am I going mad?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fireglo, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Fireglo

Fireglo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I was on gaydar yesterday which is a gay personals site and it has a little flash application thingy up in the corner which lets you know if you get messages.

It might be java or flash, I donĀ§t really know but sometimes on old browsers it would say that a quicktime plugin was required.

Anyways so I accessed the site yesterday on Safari on my iPod Touch and a little quicktime logo appeared by the button and when I pressed it, a window opened like the youtube application, except it had the quicktime logo in the background instead of the youtube one and just stalled and exited for me like a normal application.

Is this meant to happen?
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not exactly sure what you're describing here, but I'm just going to make a post to remind people to be mature here. (not directed at you, at prospective posters)
  3. Switch

Switch New Member

Normally you would think it would go without saying, but then again this is IPTF.com so i guess not.

And to answer your question, no you are not going mad, iphones and touches have quicktime media players on them, so you can watch videos in quickime format, for example if you go to apple's website and find the keynote address from WWDC 2008 you may watch that on your touch.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The iPod touch can play files online formatted to work on it, mainly quicktime .mp4 and etc.

So some animations would work.