Always in Recovery Mode, iBrickr puts it back in.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gaph2000, Apr 26, 2008.

1. gaph2000

gaph2000 New Member

I'm running 1.1.3. This started after uninstalling HWPen (Or whatever the handwriting app is called). It told me to restart the iPod, but before I did that I went to go Install MobileRSS. When I hit the home button, the normal spinning wheel appeared. But it never went to the "Slide to Unlock" Screen.

I held the Power Button for a while, but it didn't do anything. So I Put it into Recovery. I have had to do this many times, before, and I always Booted it with iBrickr. So I hit boot, and I get the Red Screen (A good thing) But unlike before, it takes about 10 min. before it reboots.

So I get the Apple logo, then the screen flashes white, And the logo appears again. I wait, and it goes into Recovery mode again. No matter how many times I do it, it always ends up in recovery. Help Please!

BTW: iTunes DOES reckognize it.

EDIT: I can kind of get it into DFU Mode, but when I let go of the Power button, It goes into the mode, but the iPod is off.
  2. samot

samot New Member

i've been getting help at this thread
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57885&highlight=HWPen

but i wanted to post here cause it seems like the help forum is a better place..

this is my post from the other thread

I installed this from installer so i didn't get a chance to read the backup warnings :/

Anyway, i forced recovery and used ibricker to put the springboard file back in, but now everytime i slide to unlock, it loads the "desktop" then does the spinning wheel after a few seconds and goes back to slide to unlock. Also every few seconds on the slide to unlock screen it does the wheel too.

I can still brickr into it but i don't knwo whats wrong. Also, i don't know if it matters, but i had a pw lock on it before i had to recover and now its not there. please help

edit: using 1.1.2, replaced file with the one from http://www.ifans.com/forums/...4&d=1209037983
  3. samot

samot New Member

maybe my problem is i need 1.1.2 version of that plist file, i think i was running firmware 1.1.2, anyone have that file?