always have to connect to wifi twice..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arikado, Oct 28, 2008.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay so everytime i select wi-fi on and choose the wireless connection to get connected, i go look at its stats and i dont see any ip address or anything.
    The wireless connection is checkmarked, but the connection isnt connected and the internet does not work.

Now to fix this, i always have to set it wi-fi back to 'off', get back to main menu, go back and turn wi-fi 'on' again. The chosen wireless connection would be selected already and ip address and stats are there, establishing the connection this time.

I DONT want to do this all the time, it's annoying, i want to have the connection established the first time i turn wi-fi on.

Does anyone know whats going on/have any suggestions?

Does this happen to anyone else, or does your wi-fi connect the first time?
  2. t2t2

t2t2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this problem happen to me as well.

seems to me..there's no way to fix it cept wait for next update
  3. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Happens here aswell.

But seriously, it is not that big of a deal. It's a small bug, deal with it. Honestly, the annoyance means an extra what, like 5 seconds? 10 at a maximum.
  4. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

It's not that big a deal to me. Could be worse.
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  6. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

mine does that but only when i have wifi on and there is no signal and then it gets one (walking on campus, i go in and out of wifi hotspots), if i have a signal the whole time then it doesnt do that, i dunno, maybe try keeping wifi off if your signal isnt consistent and then turn it on when your sure its coming through strong, thats what i have been doing and it seems to be working, but my problem could be a little different then yours
  7. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yes, its not a big deal, but i paid full price for a device... i want it to work 100% with no faults, just like my DS, my cellphone, etc..

The fact that im having problems is ridiculous, i have countless other problems (although not major) that are twice as annoying.. if i had known, i would have thought twice about purchasing it... though i love the ipod touch 2g.

When i click wi-fi on and select a connection- SHOULDNT IT connect? Why do i have to do it twice, or even 3 times?
  8. Lupevalenz

Lupevalenz New Member

Same happens to me on the 2nd gen. My 1st gen on 2.1 doesn't do this. I am already adjusted to turning on wifi, turn it off, wait a sec (no need to go back to settings) then turn it back on.
  9. River

River New Member

Ask to join network = OFF
  10. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well at least i'm glad to know this isn't just happening to me.