Aluminum Macbook 2.0 GHZ Review

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by ILIVEINSANJOSE, Dec 26, 2008.

1. ILIVEINSANJOSE

ILIVEINSANJOSE New Member

Hi, I just purchases a brand new Macbook 13.3 Inch Notebook from the Apple Store in San Jose. So I thought I might do a quick review of it. Here are the specs.

Nvdia 9600 Graphics card
    2 GB of RAM
    2.0 GHZ Intel Processor
    13 Inch Screen
    Full Aluminum Unibody
    Hate it or Love it Chiclet keys.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Being a PC user all my life, I wanted a taste of the super uber awesome world of Apple. The thing that led me to buy this Macbook was the iPod Touch. Last year I bought the iPod Touch and am still amazed with all the software upgrades and applications that were written for it. I guess I was attracted by the "Halo Effect" as some of call it, when a person buys an iPod and that lures them to buy an Apple Computer. Okay, so on with the review, the Macbook is lightning fast (2 GB Ram) and it starts in about 40-50 seconds. The LED screen is indeed "eye-popping", and the trackpad is amazing. But the thing I am most impressed about is the battery life. I had a college session yesterday with some of my professors, and I needed to take some notes on my Macbook. There was a lot of light in the room, so I turned up the brightness all the way to avoid reflections. I was scared of the battery running out, but I didn't turn it down anyways. So with the full brightness setting, bluetooth, and Wifi on, I received 6 solid hours of battery life. Amazing! This was an amazing upgrade from that crappy Dell Inspiron 8500 Laptop that had NO BATTERY LIFE. I am very happy with this notebook, and I can run Parallels smoothly with only 512 MB of RAM for XP. I know some of you gamers out there are wondering how the graphics card is. Well, in COD4, I get around 60-70 FPS on Medium Settings, and in CS SOURCE I get around 130-140 FPS on Medium Setting and trilinear settings turned off. I am very happy with this laptop and would

it to anyone that is thinking of purchasing one. I have to admit it, I am an Apple fanboy.

2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Cool, glad to see you're happy with it

3. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How much did u get it for?? 1200$ ?? I am in high school right now and will be buying a laptop for college in June/July 2009. Thinkin of getting a MacBook. Inthe MacBook for college scheme which iPod touch do they give free with it? 1g or 2g? Hey can u do me a favour can u put up a picture of u withthe macbook? I want to check that the screen looks ok. I have a feeling that the 13 inch screen is too small. Please clarify my doubt. Thanx.
  4. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Enlighten me on how you managed to get that 6 hours with full brightness , wifi , bluetooth etc.
    Sound fishy.
  5. ILIVEINSANJOSE

I did, I can just ask you to trust me, but I did. The session started at 2:15 and ended at 7:30. Barely Six Hours, but its more than enough for me, because I'm rarely away from my dorm when I'm using my MB.

And no, I didn't get an iPod Touch with it, I already had one, so I just took the $70 Discount. Yup it was $1300.
  6. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

I did even better on mine.
    I paid 1400 for the 2.4 GHz one and a free mouse.
    It's a long story , I only got it because futureshop would have gotten sued by some chick if my old one (the one you have) wasn't destroyed since her sh*t was on it.
    So they gave me the best one , and a free mouse.
  7. ILIVEINSANJOSE

LAWL nice. I need a mighty mouse.
  8. uber hax

uber hax Guest

I have a dell inspiron b130, a much more sh*ttier dell than yours, I can't imagine how I would feel when I get a MacBook.
  9. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

nice to see that you like it
    i want a macbook pro
    but it's not gonna happen
    lol

btw, i'm back
  10. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I want a MBA, just because it's sexy