Alternatives to Quickpwn for 2.1 iphone? (QuickPwn will not work)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by murkage, Oct 6, 2008.

1. murkage

murkage New Member

any ideas?

I tried using quickpwn on my iphone for 2.0.x and it basically ending up freezing with the cydia logo, it was an extreme pain in the ass after that just to be able to restore, itunes routinely would either not recognize the device as being there or I would get an error message saying "iphone could not be restored, error #272727 etc"

So now I've been on 2.1 for a while, tried using the new Quickpwn with 2.1 and it is frozen again on the Apple boot logo, every few minutes it vibrates and occasionally it shuts down and boots back up with the apple logo.....but nothing ever happens, I've tried restoring a few times and iTunes will not do it, tried rebooting and restarting ituned......nada.

FUUUUUUUUU##$*#*#*@*#*CK

Does WinPwn work with 2.1? I did not see a link for it as every just appears to be using QuickPwn
  2. joshkay

joshkay New Member

Try setting your iPod up as a new iPod instead of restoring from a backup. This happened to me before because my backup was somehow corrupted.
  3. murkage

murkage New Member

Right now I cannot even get itunes to recognize that an iphone is plugged in.

Occasionally after several unplug / reboots it says "iTunes could not connect to iPhone because an unknown error occured..." and then "iTunes could not connect to iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device"

Any ideas?

I just want to be able to restore. I've even tried running Quickpwn again, but quickpwn will not even recognize that the iphone is plugged in

?!?!
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

QuickPWN won't recognize the iPod unless iTunes does. If iTunes can't see it, make sure the iPhone is plugged in, and put it into DFU mode. After doing that, do a restore to factory settings, then make SURE you've got the QuickPwn from blog.iphone-dev.org and then QuickPWN it. Just make sure you aren't trying to unlock the iPhone 3G if you have one of those, and you're good.
  5. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That would be because YOU HAVE AN IPHONE and the Quickpwn you have been using for 2.1 IS FOR IPOD TOUCH only. Go out and google Quickpwn 2.1 for iPhone 3G and download it and use it and tah dah! Problem solved.
  6. Jarlath

The DevTeam QuickPWN version offers support for iPhone 1G (jailbreak and unlock), iPhone 3G (jailbreak only), and iPod Touch 1G (jailbreak). The only device it doesn't support is iPod Touch 2G.

To quote the DevTeam site:

So... maybe you need to go back and read.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Do you have an iPhone 3G?
    I do and it didn't work.
    It must be a bug, but I had to google it and get a DIFFERENT one to the Dev teams one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Jarlath

A lot of people couldn't get it to work... until they realized they had to run it with Admin rights, or extract the EXE file into a folder. The bundles in the Bundles directory take care of the iPhone 1 and 3G, as well as the iPod Touch 1G. I recommend the Dev Team one primarily because it works for most everyone (except the people who can't read/follow instructions or whose Windows installs are screwed up), and because they have fewer problems after the fact... since they're using a program which was rigorously tested, versus Morphey's whose release WAS the beta-test, and which had people restoring their iPods due to constant freezes or slowdowns... or with the early version, because of the old MobileInstallation file that got patched in to replace the faster one that was in 2.1.
  9. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  10. PfcRoberson

PfcRoberson New Member

i cant get quickpwn to work

when i download it, it says application not found why?