Alternative icons ?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by lechuckgl, Feb 25, 2009.

1. lechuckgl

lechuckgl New Member

Well, I am making my first theme and I have a doubt: i've seen several themes that have alternative icons for some application, for ex.: Safari.png, Safari-alt0.png , Safari-alt1.png ....and so on.
    Question is: when you load that theme in winterboard, what criteria is used to select the icons ? Or I must edit the theme myself, replacing the icons names so the desired icon has the app. name ?
  2. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    lechuckgl

To help you learn how themes are setup. I would download a full theme via Cydia, then SSH into your iPod and copy the theme onto your PC/Computer, you can then open the folder/theme to see how every folder and file is named and setup....that's how I learned when I knew CRAP about themeing
  3. lechuckgl

lechuckgl New Member

That's what I have done, that is where I got this alternative icons stuff. The themes I downloaded had those files inside. So I wondered how winterboard decides what icon should use.
  4. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Winterboard chooses the one with the default name. The ones with alt in the name are optional. You can choose to use those by changing them to the default name. It is very simple.
  5. lechuckgl

lechuckgl New Member

Ok, thats what I thought...but I hoped that there was another way to select them once they are uploaded....doesnt matter.

Tnx !
  6. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah wish there was an easier way. No Problem