Alternative for PocketTouch for ipod 2g

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by TaranQ, Oct 14, 2008.

1. TaranQ

TaranQ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Used my 1g ipod touch as music player in my car -> PocketTouch.
    Now I have bought touch2g with no jailbreak yet. So I am looking for a good replacement for PocketTouch. Anybody know if there's something out there in apps store that can perform same tasks??
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No, there is no such thing - because Apple doesn't want anything that modifies the behavior of built-in programs or which runs background processes. PocketTouch does both... and any other app which did the same is... well, to put it bluntly, not going to get approved.

May I suggest using an iPod 'car remote' of some sort?
  3. TaranQ

TaranQ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No app to switch between backlight settings (like SwitchBacklight) either in app store?
    My normal (daylight) setting is much too bright for car driving in evening or night, while I still want to be able to change track / volume / mute at any time ..
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hm no replacements available but I think one thing is more comfortable on 2g:
    Using the external volume controls. Then you can turn on the MobileMusicApp and there you've got the control buttons (not as comfortable as a single slide but a touch hm..)
  5. TaranQ

TaranQ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I personally don't like the external colume controls, they react to slow and it's pretty hard to find them right away during driving.
    Could you explain MobileMusicApp .... what? where? how?
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

They're talking about the slider in the Music application, which is MobileMusic.app if you look at the file system name. And no, there's no easy way to adjust the backlight or to switch it to 'night mode', as those behaviors mean the UI has changed for the iPod... and Apple is very, very strict about the UI needing to look exactly the same as they designed it.

All I can suggest is keeping the backlight at the absolute minimum and disabling auto-adjust on it, and getting an in-car remote for the iPod.
  7. TaranQ

TaranQ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple makes great things, but that 'we don't want you to modify anything about our ideas' pisses me of!
    About the in-car remote .... guess I'll just wait for a jailbreak ... or getting used to handling the ipod in a more stupid way .....
  8. mitcharr

mitcharr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    just wait, it will be jailbroken soon enough