alternate way to turn on ipod...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Monstar, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Monstar

Monstar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright so yesterday while watching a video on my ipod touch 2nd gen it froze, and i've had it for about a year now so this is nothing new, so i just reboot it...but while i'm doing it i get asked a question and end up having a conversation, so when it's all finished i pull my ipod out to continue my video but the problem is my "sleep/wake button" is completely stuck now for some odd reason..

and it's been stuck for a while, but it was still function-able i just had to push down on it real hard to get it to work, but now it's like completely jammed, ya know?

so now i can't turn my ipod back on, so i'm wondering if theres an alternative other then the "sleep/wake button" or am i gonna have to just cough up money to buy a new one?

..btw i searched around here and couldn't find my answer, but if i missed it and this is a repeat thread then i apologize, and could you please point me to the original thread

thank you
  2. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Plug your iPod into your computer. It should start right up.
  3. Monstar

Monstar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nope, nothing happened...i assume it's because the powers off rather then just in sleep mode
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Plug it into the computer and keep it there for a while. The power button on my iPhone was jammed so I lived like that for awhile until I opened up the phone and fixed it. It's really easy with a 1st gen iPhone.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Monstar

Monstar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    cool, i'll try it....so it just automatically turns on even though it's off?, about how long did it take your iphone when you did this?

and also, how did you go about fixing it?
  6. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    jammed power buttons are covered under warranty.
  7. Monstar

Monstar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh really? sh*t...wish i knew sooner

yesterday i opened it up to see if i could turn it on manually since it didn't look like i had any other choices

and i just looked up whats not covered under warranty and of course the dissemblance of an ipod isn't...so the question is, do you think they'll still cover it? or not since i opened it up already (of course i put it back together though...but still)
  8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes, if it is functional, plugging it into a power source and leaving it for a few seconds will make it boot up. It should take normal amount of time.

Well... I removed the bottom black cover on the 1st gen iphone with an exacto knife, then removed the aluminum back carefully after unscrewing a couple of tiny screws. Then it was just a matter of wiggling the power button back into place. I followed a guide on iFixit.com