Alright what's wrong...? It worked before...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by DTGS, Aug 12, 2008.

1. DTGS

DTGS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    About three days ago, I upgraded my (Perfect, flawless...) jailbroken 1.1.4 iPod Touch to 2.0.1 then used the new WinPwn to jailbrake it. After finding out Installer was still in beta, and most of the applications that I had come to love couldn't be used on 2.0.1, I fell into disappointment, and searched on how to downgrade back to 1.1.4.

Guides told me to downgrade my iTunes to 7.5.020 (I think that's right) so I did. All went perfectly, then I put my iPod in DFU and downgraded to 1.1.4.

Okay, everything is still good.

Then I used to program I first used to jailbrake my iPod. iLiberty+

I did all that, exactly as how I did it back when I first jailbroke my iPod....but...when I finally got back to the home menu, all was fine, but then I clicked Installer...

It told me to update it to 3.11...

It froze...

I restored, then looked at WinPWN. I created a Custom Firmware, iPwned my iPod, etc. iTunes wouldn't accept the Custom Firmware....

So giving up on that, I downloaded a new iLiberty? Everything went fine, until I updated Installer, or went to Settings. My iPod froze.

Then I went to ZipPhone v3.0. Restored my iPod to 1.1.4, then jailbroke it using ZiPhone. Once again, Installer would freeze up after the update, or when I tried adding a source (before or after a source)

Then I thought...(Could it be the firmware? Could it have something defective) So I looked for more trusted site with a safer 1.1.4 download. I downloaded it, then once again jailbroke it with ZiPhone...Same problem...Installer would freeze after update, and if I didn't update the sources would freeze if I tried adding one...

I'm left without options...

What should I do? What's my problem? Even as I type this my iPod Touch is frozen on the keyboard for adding sources...

Thanks for all the help...

(I regret upgrading to 2.0.1.... -.-)
  2. Candycane123

Candycane123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this happened to me but when i tried the next day it wasnt freezing, its freezing again now because i had to jailbreak it again for a different reason :S
  3. TheChangElephant

TheChangElephant New Member

I just get errors to downgrade.

I'm on 7.5 itunes, erros I get are;

1603, 1604, 1609, 20 (once)

HELP
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    There plenty of tutorials that explain how to fix freezing just search
  5. DTGS