alright thats it i give up unless sumone helps plz!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bizzy212, Sep 10, 2010.

1. bizzy212

bizzy212 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok 1st off my ipod touch3g is on 3.1.3 jb.i tried upgrading to 4.0 late but ppl have said apple wasnt signing cuz i kept getting the 3194 code.now that 4.1 came out i tried upgrading it.and now it says ipod could not be updated and sum error code 2002 comes up.now no 1 cant say apple isnt signing it.can sumone PLEASE help me im begging u.
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you want to update to 4.1, you won't be able to jailbreak. If you don't mind that though, put your iPod in DFU mode, then update and restore. If you do need a jailbreak, do you have SHSHs for 4.0 or 4.0.2?
  3. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    2002, eh?

Got that before.

Try to upgrade on a friend's computer.

That worked for meh...
  4. bizzy212

bizzy212 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ill try a friends computer..n honestly i forgot how to put it in dfu mode n idk anythin bout backin up shsh.how i do dat???
  5. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

What you should do is download tinyumbrella here: http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

Run the program, Plug your ipod in and chances are if you were jailbroken before on 3.1.3, you will have an shsh on there for 3.1.3 and 4.0. If any of those come up when you click check shsh or whatever the buttons called, then start the tss server on tinyumbrella and do a shift+click restore to that firmware. What that will do is bypass the verifying with apple stage and restore that firmware successfully. Give it a go.