Alright... Almost there.

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by ItzBlood, Jan 13, 2008.

1. ItzBlood

ItzBlood New Member

I have made my changes for ttr from the source. Now I ran into another problem. It don't want to compile >.<. Can anyone help me? I have used the search option only post i found was:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1705&highlight=compile
    No one responded to his post. I also googled it. It tells me to make a makefile. I did that, and my C++ program comes up when I run it, and comes up with an error. I'm up for suggestions.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. stigmata

stigmata New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sweet jesus for the love of god... I remember this other forum I used to read/post in years ago, dedicated to reverse engineering stuff, and in order to be able to post in it, you had to be able to answer a few basic questions regarding x86 assembly language, etc.

Maybe this specific section of the forum (ahem, toolchain development) should require people who post to actually know that the toolchain exists and what it is.

Whatever you're trying to use to compile, stop using it. It's not what you need. You need the TOOLCHAIN, which is kind of important, hence this section of the forum being called "Toolchain Development." Given your apparent lack of technical knowledge, I'm going to assume you're running Windows. Go here and install the toolchain for Windows: http://wiki.iphonegameover.com/

Now, take a closer look at the code, and stare at it hard until you realize it's not C++. TTR is programmed in Objective C, as well as basically every other native program. Start learning that.
  3. ItzBlood

ItzBlood New Member

I never said it was C++, I said it ran my C++ program. What is up with you being rude and jumping to conclusions? Now, I have winChain with the prebuilt toolchain , and Cygwin. Yet, I'm asking for help. Is that so hard to ask for? I have already modified the application. I know how to write the script and everything, I have the general knowledge of this, but when I want to start making my own applications for the touch I have no clue were to start. One I had to find the source which took a while because i didn't look hard enough. Two I edited it. Now I'm stuck On compiling it. Now I stated before what I have. Can you walk me through on how to compile this? I'm used to other things. Yes I have the knowledge of scripting, but not for something like the touch. Thats why I want to start. Not just for myself, but for this community.
  4. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if you do end up getting it to work, what changes did you make and you make it avaliable to others?
  5. ItzBlood

ItzBlood New Member

My friends and I are going to try to make it just like gh, but without the guitar. My friend mark is going to come up with a way to add star power and have you shake the ipod touch to activate it. I'm working on the points multiplyer etc. My friend kevin is going to try to add the 5 fret buttons. However, we don't know what would turn out. I just need help compiling...
  6. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    srry

soundz kool will you also my trying to add like multiply like how many u get right in a row? also will you be able to hold your finger down for some chords or something... sorry but i have no idea how to compile it. what program did u right the code in? is it C++ or java...
  7. ItzBlood

ItzBlood New Member

I have to talk to them about the adding a counter. Or holding down the cords, but what I used to edited the TTRapp.m was Notepad++.
  8. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    kool

o.. thats an ok app..