iOS 4.0 Alreayd Jailbreaked Ipod to 4.0 JB?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FootballerYamato, Sep 13, 2010.

1. FootballerYamato

FootballerYamato Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I jailbreaked my ipod touch a few months back with spirit since my ipod touch firmware as 3.1.3. And now I heard that there is a 4.0 Jailbreak for Ipod touch 3rd gen(MC). I read a couple of tutorials but those were when the ipod touch wasn't Jailbreaked already and since I JB my ipod touch already i still want to keep it JB but in a 4.0 OS
  2. applefail

applefail Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you wouldnt be able to update, because if u hit update, it will update to 4.1 :/ stay on 3.1.3 then when a 4.1 jb is released, then update
  3. metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight New Member

Or he if he clicked on "Make my life easier" it would maybe be possible.

See if you can grab your blobs with TinyUmbrella
  4. FootballerYamato

FootballerYamato Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Um... I'm not quite sure on how to do it
  5. junimrox

junimrox New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi, it's my first post and I'm trying to understand what happens when/if I upgrade but also trying not to create a new topic on old info...

I have an iPod Touch 3G 32 Gb with 3.1.3 and jailbroken with spirit/cydia
    I have lots of apps, some from the appstore and some from cydia, some games too.

Can I somehow(not using itunes) update to 4.0.1, not to 4.1 so that I'm able to JB?

When you update the ipod looses every info/customization or it stays like it was, just not jailbroken?

I want to know if when I update my appstore apps will be gone, if my cydia apps will be gone and if my personal info will be gone.

thanks!
  6. FootballerYamato

FootballerYamato Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Um... i'm in a similar situation but i heard you need the SHSH blobs
  7. chiaotzu

chiaotzu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You'll lose everything. You need to backup your SHSH blobs on cydia using tinyumbrella and then add the following line in your hosts file generally located in %windows%/drivers/etc.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

After that you need to download the firmware 4.0 because 4.0.1 is only for iPhone and not for iPod Touch. Get it from here.

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware

Would've given you direct link, but I don't know if its allowed. Just search for iPod3,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw in that page and download that file. You're gonna lose all your settings and applications, so backup every single application, song, picture, video and things. Don't rely on iTunes backup as it may screw things sometimes. You can use Rock to store your app in form of backup on Rock Store, try that. Also make screenshots of the apps you've already installed. Make screenshots of possible settings that you don't remember and would like to make in your new OS.

After backing up everything, you need to put your iPod Touch in recovery mode by pressing the Both Power and Home button until iTunes logo + USB logo comes up on screen. Then start iTunes and press Shift and click on Restore button, select that downloaded ipsw file and install it. After installing, just browse from safari to jailbreakme.com and slide to jailbreak. Enjoy! You'll need more things after that to enable multitasking and wallpaper, just search the forum for that.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope it helps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. junimrox

junimrox New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thank you for this very good guide. This should be on a sticky topic(is it already? i've missed it if so.)

I think I understood, but i also think it won't be possible: By backing up to rock store, you mean i should upload all my apps(kinda 3gb)? because it would take a whole day with my connection...
  9. FootballerYamato

FootballerYamato Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    sounds complicated but what i'm getting is that we backup everything first with tiny umbrella and restore it to the factory settings and restore it again with the downloaded file and the shsh blobs in tiny umbrella?
  10. FootballerYamato

FootballerYamato Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    um... it been 3 days and i`m still waiting for a reply